WTB: The Dear Hunter, Circa Survive, Porcupine Tree

nightonthesun

Take it from me, don't be a fucking sick on these boards. It won't turn out well. I learned this the hard way.

I paid $4, $5 and $10 more than the price I was looking for and one member's response was, "thanks for proving all our points". What exactly was the purpose of that statement? Seems to me like that was a dick response. Maybe it was out of frustration that I didn't pay ridiculous prices for a few out of print records. Although I don't see why they would really care that my wallet didn't get raped. 

I paid $4, $5 and $10 more than the price I was looking for and one member's response was, "thanks for proving all our points". What exactly was the purpose of that statement? Seems to me like that was a dick response. Maybe it was out of frustration that I didn't pay ridiculous prices for a few out of print records. Although I don't see why they would really care that my wallet didn't get raped. 

I think the purpose of the response was that you have confirmed what we are all thinking after reading the OP - you're going to have to shell out more money than your $30 tag to get these records.

Good luck and hope you find some bargains! 

Huh. I didn't even have a clue the PT albums came out on wax. Shows what I know.

And not to be a naysayer... But the way Steven Wilson records his albums (mainly digital) and releases them on CD (with bonus surround mixes).... I can't see the vinyl of, say, Stupid Dream sounding much better than the DVD audio 5.1 mix.

Huh. I didn't even have a clue the PT albums came out on wax. Shows what I know.

And not to be a naysayer... But the way Steven Wilson records his albums (mainly digital) and releases them on CD (with bonus surround mixes).... I can't see the vinyl of, say, Stupid Dream sounding much better than the DVD audio 5.1 mix.

It doesn't. I can confirm, as I have the vinyl/5.1 mix of Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun. But there is something about owning and playing the vinyl that trumps the 5.1 DVD audio. And Supid Dream/Lightbulb Sun/In Absentia were transferred VERY well to wax.