My first REAL turntable

Hi there I need some help choosing a real turntable. I currently own a 'Crosley CR6005A', I'm content with the sound of the table and it works fine, but I've heard I should ditch it if I want some real sound, I have it hooked to surround sound and it sounds good but I know it could be better.
   Here are the tables I've been considering a 'Marantz 6300' or a 'Pioneer 500 and something'  I really Like to vintage wood finish on these turntables, but I'm aware of the problems that can come from buying a used turntable, I was playing to replace the Cartage to ensure pro sound but I know this will not get get rid of all the problems that can arise with a used deck.

so I was thinking of a 'Pro-Ject 2Xperience' or a 'Pro-Ject Debut' as I've heard nothing but good things about these tables. Though the counter weight, arm balancing, and all the other gadgets seem intimating and not for a beginner. Though I really like the minimalism look of the tables.
   What do you recommend? And could if you do recommend I'd like it if the table had a look similar to those tables referenced.

While setting up a turntable can see daunting, it is totally doable with a little research. I would recommend this dvd as a great starting point for understanding what it takes to get a table setup properly:

http://www.needledoctor.com/Michael-Fremer-Turntable-Set-Up-DVD

You would also need a alignment protractor to accurately mount a cartridge. These can be printed at home from pdf's, or perhaps more accurate would be purchasing one. The dvd and various video's on youtube cover how to use one to mount your cart:

http://www.needledoctor.com/Ortofon-Cartridge-Alignment-Gauge

On the other hand if you buy a Debut Carbon it will come mounted with a pretty good cartridge, one which you can swap out the stylus to upgrade it without even having to realign. One other advantage over the vintage tables you mentioned is that these newer tables are mechanically very simple with very few parts, all of which you could easily service yourself if you needed to replace anything. The older direct drive tables typically have auto cue and auto return, which while nice features do give more potential for things going wrong in a way that you cannot easily fix yourself.