PO: Tawny Peaks - Tawny Peaks

Not sure if this has been confirmed anywhere, but I was emailing Kenneth from Glass Nail and he said that this will be released by Music Gives Back. He didn't tell me when refunds would be issued, and he also seemed to have lost my order for the Gatherer 7". I asked him to send that out to me now, but all he said was to order it with the 25% off code. After I reiterated that I purchased it already, he stopped answering. That was Thursday night, so I'll wait a little before I try again.

Not sure if this has been confirmed anywhere, but I was emailing Kenneth from Glass Nail and he said that this will be released by Music Gives Back. He didn't tell me when refunds would be issued, and he also seemed to have lost my order for the Gatherer 7". I asked him to send that out to me now, but all he said was to order it with the 25% off code. After I reiterated that I purchased it already, he stopped answering. That was Thursday night, so I'll wait a little before I try again.

Wow, I'm glad my payment got auto refunded by paypal now.  I'm sure even if I had just gotten a refund for the TP record that I never would've seen the other 3 I paid for.  I've already got 3 releases from MGB/Soft Speak, those guys know they are doing, will order without hesitation if they are putting this out.

Wow, I'm glad my payment got auto refunded by paypal now.  I'm sure even if I had just gotten a refund for the TP record that I never would've seen the other 3 I paid for.  I've already got 3 releases from MGB/Soft Speak, those guys know they are doing, will order without hesitation if they are putting this out.

I still haven't got my refund for the LP. I'll email again and just get a refund on both releases and try to pick up the 7" straight from Gatherer. It sucks that it's out of the 45 day window to file a claim on this.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Just saw this on their Facebook:

"Music Gives Back will be pressing Tawny Peaks' 12" for charity and will be honoring every order that came through us."

I still haven't got my refund for the LP. I'll email again and just get a refund on both releases and try to pick up the 7" straight from Gatherer. It sucks that it's out of the 45 day window to file a claim on this.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Just saw this on their Facebook:

"Music Gives Back will be pressing Tawny Peaks' 12" for charity and will be honoring every order that came through us."

Ah so no Tawny refunds then?

• 2 weeks later...

It's so strange that an errant finger click brought me to this thread when I know nothing about this band, but when I saw mention of Glass Nail, I cringed and read on. Like many of you it appears, I ordered the Arrows In Her - leaving 10" very early this year. I also tried contacting Kenneth and got no response. I messaged with their singer on Facebook, and he said when (if?) the records finally come in, the band will be taking responsibility for sending out the orders. Given that TP had to just go to another label completely, I'm suspecting I'll never see that record. It sucks because that's a great EP. In any event, I guess it's high time to check out what TP sounds like.

Tawny Peaks rules! I put out the tape version of the LP and it was a pleasure to work with them. Be sure to pick up the 12"!

Here's the most recent update from Meadowbrook:

If you pre-order the LP by the end of the day Friday you will be entered to win a FREE TEST PRESS. All previous pre-orders are already entered. You still get the demos in your e-mail, too! Cool! 

http://www.meadowbrookrecords.com/products/516168-tawny-peaks-lp

Also, that Broken World Media reference was about this split that will come out as a 7" in a bit: 

https://soundcloud.com/tawny-peaks-brightside

• 2 weeks later...

It's so strange that an errant finger click brought me to this thread when I know nothing about this band, but when I saw mention of Glass Nail, I cringed and read on. Like many of you it appears, I ordered the Arrows In Her - leaving 10" very early this year. I also tried contacting Kenneth and got no response. I messaged with their singer on Facebook, and he said when (if?) the records finally come in, the band will be taking responsibility for sending out the orders. Given that TP had to just go to another label completely, I'm suspecting I'll never see that record. It sucks because that's a great EP. In any event, I guess it's high time to check out what TP sounds like.

someone from the band told me this today on apnet:

forgot i made this. so. meadowbrook records is in the middle of taking over the pressing of leaving. (aswell as tawny peaks LP)

kenneth from glassnail really dropped the ball, made us look like assholes and essentially extorted people and us.

meadowbrook is doing this with slim profits and we are essentially forfeiting any profit on the ep just to make sure it ACTUALLY comes out. im so sorry to everyone who has been waiting and we are going to find a way to make up for the absurd wait. as far as i know test presses should be in shortly. meadowbrook will be sending out an email with all the specifics.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

haha, nah I think I'm good. Its just if you're going to ship a shit ton of records out, make sure they get there ok, you know? Its not difficult.

haha, nah I think I'm good. Its just if you're going to ship a shit ton of records out, make sure they get there ok, you know? Its not difficult.

you can yell at me here if you want to. I was on tour, my girlfriend packed these for me. She may not have done the best job on all of them. If you would have sent me an email I gladly would have taken the money to ship you out a new one. Thanks. 

• 1 year later...