Eric, I'M CALLING YOU OUT

counterfiction

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha I love how this thread started as an attempt to call 311thrice out and then backfired into a total 311thrice love thread.

Now I'm calling counterfiction out... what was the purpose of "calling out" 311thrice? You've already given him shit cause he said he was going to flip it and then he made good on his word and you start a new thread about? Weak. You seem like a good dude but this thread is just childish.

haha I love how this thread started as an attempt to call 311thrice out and then backfired into a total 311thrice love thread.

Now I'm calling counterfiction out... what was the purpose of "calling out" 311thrice? You've already given him shit cause he said he was going to flip it and then he made good on his word and you start a new thread about? Weak. You seem like a good dude but this thread is just childish.

yeah counterfiction!!!

SOME GIRLS ARE CRAZZZYYYYYYYYY!! JUST LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT IT!

SOME GIRLS ARE CRAZZZYYYYYYYYY!! JUST LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT IT!

i just listened to that song!

Well since it turns out that 311thrice is now getting the reach around and my karma has plummeted 12 points I should reply at around this point. Mostly because I just woke up.

I posted this thread because I thought it was bullshit and will continue to think that it's bullshit no matter how many people back him up on this.

He posts on this board which is a community of collectors. We collect records and do so (for the most part) because we love the band and the music and hopefully not because of the potential value down the road (however long or short that may be). But basically what I'm saying is that for someone like Fraziercards to flip it would be expected but for someone who has taken a general interest in a hobby (which I'm assuming he has) to basically screw over other collectors is bullshit.

Why did I call him out? To get this discussion going about the ethics of record collecting from a record collecting standpoint. He's one of us and he's going to probably collect a hefty profit off of another collector less than two months after the record came out.

From Dante:

"I'm not going to act like flipping doesn't bother me some times (shit I've got too many posts to disprove that) but it's a fact and I'd rather some dude like Thrice311 sells it than some douche I have no reference too."

So you would rather that one of the members of this community orders a highly-sought after (just see the many posts about it) box set for $250, leaves it sealed, and then flips it two weeks later? I don't want to know dudes like that.

Why did I call him out? To get this discussion going about the ethics of record collecting from a record collecting standpoint. He's one of us and he's going to probably collect a hefty profit off of another collector less than two months after the record came out.

But we have this conversation every single week, sometimes a few times a week. Just a week or two ago there was a big ruckus over that dude trying to sell the AM! s/t LP. The whole flipping conversation has been exhausted. No new points are ever made, every thread is basically 10 pages of arguing. Each and everyone one of these arguments can be dumbed down to this...

-"Flipping is bad."

-"It's his money/property he can do what he wants."

Then repeat that over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

I'll concede that I agree with your sentiment that it sucks when someone buys something just to sell, especially if it's a release you care particularly strongly about. But in the end I fall into the "It's his money" camp and can't really judge a dude for selling stuff.

I feel less sympathy for this issue because it was readily available. If you missed out on the first set RE sold some through ebay during the first couple of flippers. Fact is, it was out there for everyone. It wasn't a special pressing only at shows, or meant for a select group of people. It was one of 600 that was sold on line and open for everyone. Sure everyone who wanted one didn't get it but that happens with every release. It would have been nice if he offered it up on the board first but I think (if I remember when Ronnie did it) that no one here needs a copy. So that's a moot point.

This issue is summarized by my feelings about a lot of issues in record collecting: "Is it a bummer? Sure. Is it worth losing sleep over? No."

I feel less sympathy for this issue because it was readily available. If you missed out on the first set RE sold some through ebay during the first couple of flippers. Fact is, it was out there for everyone. It wasn't a special pressing only at shows, or meant for a select group of people. It was one of 600 that was sold on line and open for everyone. Sure everyone who wanted one didn't get it but that happens with every release. It would have been nice if he offered it up on the board first but I think (if I remember when Ronnie did it) that no one here needs a copy. So that's a moot point.

This issue is summarized by my feelings about a lot of issues in record collecting: "Is it a bummer? Sure. Is it worth losing sleep over? No."

agreed, now lets move on as a community....people will do what people will do....who seriosuly cares...is it wrong, well thats for each individual to decide....but filling up threads about flipping seriosuly has gotten exhausting.....who cares