Public Enemy 25th Anniversary Box Set @ Best Buy for $79!

Technically if they advertised it for that price and you buy it, by law they have to sell it to you for that price even if it was a mistake on their part. I worked at staples a long time ago and we had this happen where there was a misprint in a flyer for a 500gb hard drive for 9.99 (it was supposed to be 99.99) Everyone who came in with said flyer got one for $10. Always check the prices on the shelves at stores too, same deal if its labeled for a certain price they have to sell it to you for that.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazon Canada is listing it for $279.  It also says it came out in December 2012 and is out of stock.

My Barnes and Noble order at $78 still appears to exist (and states it will ship on April 17).  However, the Barnes and Noble site shows it being released in May and costing $179. 

So I'm never getting this.

• 4 weeks later...

Your item has been backordered, but you have options 

Hello Jacob, 

We're sorry, but your recently ordered item has gone on backorder. We expect it to arrive between May 20 and May 29. To keep you informed of its delivery, we'll send tracking information once it has shipped. 

That being said, we'd like to get you this item (or a similar item) sooner, if possible. There may be the chance that we can either:

• Find a store in your area with your item in stock.
  • Order you a similar in-stock item.
  • Or, you can cancel this order at anytime.
If you're interested in any of these options, please call us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). If possible, please have your order number handy. To cancel, you also have the option to sign into yourBestBuy.com account, select View Orders and select the item you'd like to cancel. 

If we don't hear from you before the item is shipped, we'll assume you still want this item and accept this delay. 

Once again, we're sorry for this inconvenience, and we'll do our best to make things right. 

Sincerely, 

Lisa Smith 

Vice President

Best Buy Customer Care 

Technically if they advertised it for that price and you buy it, by law they have to sell it to you for that price even if it was a mistake on their part. I worked at staples a long time ago and we had this happen where there was a misprint in a flyer for a 500gb hard drive for 9.99 (it was supposed to be 99.99) Everyone who came in with said flyer got one for $10. Always check the prices on the shelves at stores too, same deal if its labeled for a certain price they have to sell it to you for that.

Sorry, but this is just not true. Many stores will go ahead and sell it for the lower price to avoid a backlash, but legally they are under no obligation to just because an advertisement listed it as such.

Got an email this morning from Best Buy saying that my order would be cancelled unless they got this in by the 21st. That's the day Best Buy, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble list as the new release date. But since this keeps getting pushed back I won't keep my hopes up. But hopefully my BN order will actually come through some day.

Got an email this morning from Best Buy saying that my order would be cancelled unless they got this in by the 21st. That's the day Best Buy, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble list as the new release date. But since this keeps getting pushed back I won't keep my hopes up. But hopefully my BN order will actually come through some day.

I got the same email this morning. I went to the web site and saw that it shows the item as being in stock so I called them. SInce that email was sent early this morning, the status has changed to being processed. They assured me that the order is being fulfilled and I should receive it within a week at longest. Log in and check your order again. This is what mine says now...

"Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days."

And they honored the original price of $79.98!

I got the same email this morning. I went to the web site and saw that it shows the item as being in stock so I called them. SInce that email was sent early this morning, the status has changed to being processed. They assured me that the order is being fulfilled and I should receive it within a week at longest. Log in and check your order again. This is what mine says now...

"Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days."

And they honored the original price of $79.98!

Yup, just checked my order and it's in the same status... so stoked!