Vinyl from band members

I've gotten plenty of records over the years from band members. Two cool standouts though were the singer of Neon Christ giving me a copy of their 7" EP with the yellow sleeve (the far rarer variant) for free knowing full well he could have gotten a couple hundred dollars for it if he sold it on ebay. That was extremely generous and that record will never leave the vault ever. The singer of Pariah gave me a copy of their extremely rare 1st single for free also. To this day I've only ever seen one copy of it sell on ebay and have never seen another one in person. 

I've had an equally amazing experience with Adam from MBD.  I ordered the Limited Wooden Box and it was shipped with records inside which caused moderate damage.  Basically, one of the sides was just cracked so bad that I couldn't just glue it back together without it looking ugly.

I messaged them with a few pictures and they said they've had some complaints and were going to be making some more and would ship out ASAP. 

I saw that they had the wooden box set up on the site one night after it had been sold out for a good, when i went back to order they had gone. I emailed them and their sales guy, Jay said there was one box left that they we're going to keep in the office, but i could have it. I think i may have got th every last one! He sent the vinyl and wooden box seprately (to avoid what happened to Maneatingcow above) at no extra cost. Very cool people.

On another note, all my Lonesome Wyatt/Those Poor Bastards records came straight from Lonesome himself. Super cool dude.

• 6 months later...

I have a patch on my jacket that says "D.F.F.L.".  I tagged the band Dopethrone in it.  The guitarist/vocalist ended up messaging me asking where I got it.  I told him it was a 1 off but I could have one made for him.  I ended up getting 3 made (1 for each member of the band).  As a thank you I got a signed CD from them.  After that, I talked to the drummer a bit.  He mentioned he collected records.  I happened to ask if there was anything he was looking for.  Just so happened I had doubles of a couple.  I ended up just sending them to him for free.  He asked for my address so he could send me a thank you gift.  When I got it, I opened it to find a test press to their album Dark Foil from Totem Cat Records.  #3 out of 5.  I was beyond stoked.