PO: Daylight - Jar - Out 4/30/2013 via Run For Cover

Weird request for a replacement copy for two b-side labels. Why wouldn't chalk it up as an error (that doesn't affect play) and sell it to one of several Daylight collectors on this board, I'm sure they'd help out.

Got a few scratches on the purple copy I have too. Thats Pirates Press/GZ for you. It happens often. They usually sound great on my turntable though.

Some people could have just e-mailed RFC instead of posting in this thread about issues. I would think an order issue would be better solved via e-mail. You might not get a tough luck response that way.

Weird request for a replacement copy for two b-side labels. Why wouldn't chalk it up as an error (that doesn't affect play) and sell it to one of several Daylight collectors on this board, I'm sure they'd help out.

Got a few scratches on the purple copy I have too. Thats Pirates Press/GZ for you. It happens often. They usually sound great on my turntable though.

Some people could have just e-mailed RFC instead of posting in this thread about issues. I would think an order issue would be better solved via e-mail. You might not get a tough luck response that way.

If you're talking to me, I wasn't looking for a response from the label. Just stating my experience with it. I have a lot of records done by Pirates Press and yeah, some of marks or scuffs here and there, but this is beyond the usual for me.

^ They mostly played songs off Jar.

I think they played (in no particular order)

Life In A Jar

In On It

Knew

On The Way To Dad's

Damp

Outside Of Me

Last October

and maybe one more

set was around 20 minutes. They were allotted a half hour. I don't think I've ever seen them play more than 8 songs.

Can someone explain to me why they agreed to play Skate and Surf this year if they didn't wanna play? I was there and it seemed like most bands around their level of fame were ecstatic to have the opportunity to play a big festival. And saying that because it was a fest headlined by Macklemore is just plain ignorant, the man is talented whether you like his music or not. 

Can someone explain to me why they agreed to play Skate and Surf this year if they didn't wanna play? I was there and it seemed like most bands around their level of fame were ecstatic to have the opportunity to play a big festival. And saying that because it was a fest headlined by Macklemore is just plain ignorant, the man is talented whether you like his music or not. 

Yes, it was what happened once they played it that made them not want to play it. Everyone that I have heard talk about the fest has said it was a complete mess. Like I mentioned, the sound was completely fucked, Taylor's guitar wasn't mic'd their whole set, Tom from Hostage Calm texted me a picture of a worker squeegeeing water through electrical cables on stage while they were setting up, etc. There's a big difference between what you see attending an event, and actually playing it. 

I'd be pissed if there were no provisions for rain if I were playing outdoors too. One of the guys from Transit had his pedalboard fucked by the rain there and only realized it when they played Pouzza. Thats thousands of dollars worth of shit and thats what you need to play your music. Its also not awesome to be at risk of getting electrocuted.

I'd be pissed if there were no provisions for rain if I were playing outdoors too. One of the guys from Transit had his pedalboard fucked by the rain there and only realized it when they played Pouzza. Thats thousands of dollars worth of shit and thats what you need to play your music. Its also not awesome to be at risk of getting electrocuted.

Ugh, that sucks. =\ I wonder if there's any way the people with ruined gear can get some kind of claim through to John D about getting replacements? I'm not sure how any of the technicalities of issues like that go with shows between the bands and the staff, but losing out on thousands of dollars in gear when the people putting on the show didn't have the artists' best interests in mind doesn't seem fair/right at all.

Also, getting back to Daylight being pissed about the show, I saw Taylor kind of went on a little tirade on Twitter about it saying how much it sucked and that the fest wanted 30% + tax merch cuts.  Again, I don't know how this stuff normally works, but what is the standard/average rate that a venue/promoter will request for merch cuts?