PO: Daylight - Jar - Out 4/30/2013 via Run For Cover

Very weird, some are right, some aren't. Either way I can't do anything about it, sorry!

Really? I've only ever had a few issues in the past with collecting vinyl via mailorder, but every label dealt with it to make sure their customers and fans were happy. I'm surprised this label is the first for me to say "tough luck" when it comes to ordering from them.

Really? I've only ever had a few issues in the past with collecting vinyl via mailorder, but every label dealt with it to make sure their customers and fans were happy. I'm surprised this label is the first for me to say "tough luck" when it comes to ordering from them.

What are they supposed to do? Go through a ton of records until they find one that has the labels perfect and send that one to you? And I mean, it's not like the actual music is changed in any way, it's simply a visual thing that takes nothing away from the product. It's not even the cover art, like, for fucks sake, stop complaining.

What exactly is the issue? The record plays fine, you know which side is A and which side is B. Am I missing something? I couldn't send you another copy of the same color if I wanted to because we have 0 copies. 

So yeah..."tough luck" that you get to keep a perfectly good copy of an incredible record on a color of vinyl that is limited and sold out and that other people still ask everyday if they can buy. I'm such a dick! It will never cease to blow my mind what the people on this message board complain about. 

I saw these guys at skate & surf yesterday - they killed it, but the singer (Taylor?) was so pissed about being there, haha. It was awesome because he basically vocalized what so many people were thinking/feeling.

this is interesting. why was he pissed about being there?

He mentioned not being paid enough to stand out in the rain.  He couldn't tune his guitar properly, and after ripping on the fest calling it a "shit show" and a "circus," he said "What, are they not gunna have us play next year? I didn't wanna play this year!"

I think if it were any other circumstance, he'd have the "asshole" label stuck to him, but everything he said was so true and everyone agreed with him so nobody cared about how crude he was being.

Everything about Skate & Surf this year (with the exception of the performances, all the bands gave it their all despite the shitty conditions outside of the weather) was sub par.

Just a few highlights....

There were 5 stages.  When I first got there, it took me a while to find 3 of the stages.  I saw the Main stage, obviously, then I saw one of the side stages.  After walking around the grounds I realized that the side stage I saw was actually 4 side stages.  All lined up next to eachother, side by side, shoved into the corner of the grounds (which was actually just a gated off section of the parking lot.)  Ford had a larger presence than the side stages did. I felt bad for these bands playing the small stages because they were competing with eachother the entire time.  Also, it was a crapshoot whether or not the audio would even work.  The mics went out more times than I could count, so a lot of the bands were playing with no vocals, and when the mics were working, they couldn't hear themselves playing.

Nobody knew what the hell was going on.  Because of the audio issues, everybody's set was being cut short.  Nobody had any idea of the time, so he stage hands were telling the bands "One more song, wait, ok, play two more, actually your time is up, you're done."  Meanwhile, on Saturday, the Main stage was over an hour behind.  FOB didn't go on until they were scheduled to end, which was 10:45PM.  The park had a strict curfew of 11PM set in place.  Yesterday, nobody told the dudes in Glassjaw how long they had to play, so Daryl asked the guy in the booth "How are we on time?" like 4 times without any response, then they were told after playing the next song that they were done, so Daryl was like "Oh, that's it? Okay. Bye guys." & They walked off stage.

The dudes in Transit kept getting electrocuted and Joe almost slipped on the stage a couple times.  That was something that really pissed me off.  The stages had no coverings on them.  These bands were gettin their gear all wet and they were risking getting shocked.  I don't know how that was planned without questioning the idea of bad weather.

& This is my favorite:  The lighting rigs were held up by cranes.  Overall it just seemed like the profit for all of the ticketing etc didn't go anywhere near the planning of the venue set up. I guess it all went into that GameChanger app.

So this turned more into "Why Skate & Surf was a let down" rather than "Why was Taylor pissed" post.  Sorry, lol.