Jimmy Eat World - New Album "Damage" out June 11, 2013

Yes.

I'm biased because they're my favorite band.  But I think that Invented is definitely a grower for most people.  It's completely stripped down, goes in the opposite direction as Chase This Light (which was their intention), and it's kind of raw. It showcases the band in a more vulnerable way.  If you go from really wanting to hear something hard hitting like Bleed American, you probably won't enjoy it all that much.

I dug it from the second I heard it, though.

After listening to a couple songs the "stripped down" theme is very noticeable.

That is a bummer because I really liked their huge choruses of the previous albums.

I really did like Invented. Liked it from the start, and learned to love it after learning about the writing process and revisiting the album. Granted it's not my favorite but it holds a certain charm to it. Big fan of Chase This Light as well. I'm really not that hard to please when it comes up to music, but I'm no pushover either. 

The album art for Damage is pretty damn horrible though. Really surprised about it. JEW albums have always had very interesting album covers. My favorite would probably have to be Futures. I'm seeing them on RSD in Long Beach. Gotta ask Jim why he chose that for the album art. Hopefully they have a poster for the show like they did with ALK3. Would love a new one for the wall.

Zach just posted this on instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/XsLbk9OvHR/

"Mastering for vinyl #SAE #Damage"

Good news.  Curious, anyone know if JEW's other albums (Invented, Chase This Light, Futures) were mastered for vinyl?  I'm assuming they were because they all sound good to me but just thought I'd inquire.

Good news.  Curious, anyone know if JEW's other albums (Invented, Chase This Light, Futures) were mastered for vinyl?  I'm assuming they were because they all sound good to me but just thought I'd inquire.

I'm not sure, but I do recall not being as impressed with Invented on vinyl as I was their other releases (even my copy of Static holds up to my expectations).  It starts sounding weird towards the center of each side.

Posting this up for all the Jimmy Eat World fans in the Southern California area.

http://www.91x.com/pages/jimmyeatworld/

Jimmy Eat World aren't playing X-Fest anymore because it got bumped to September to add Blink-182 to the lineup. What do they do? Announce a show at the House of Blues San Diego on the same day for $10! Details are on the link. See you there!