Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony Deluxe Edition (Pre Order Friday, 4/12))

Ordered. Still need a bunch of Trio though. Goddamnit, Maybe I'll Catch Fire, S/T, Crimson, Remains, BYO Split, and HWM split. Think I'm just gonna throw No Idea all my money for these. I avoid SRC like the plague but they get me now and then (like today).

Do we think these will go quick?

Red? Give it a week or two. Black? A few months.

3 copies on red are "halfway" to me and my friends from cold mother Russia($145=3xAlbums+shipping ^_^ ).

Damn. Every A3 album growing on me too long, but when it success, I start to act like crazy motherfucker and spend all my last money on their record I love at the momet. :lol:

Btw:

Into The Night is a fucking masterpiece, I guarantee this.

In my wildly unpopular opinion, this has one of Dan's greatest songs. I really wish they'd have given "Do You Wanna Know" the acoustic treatment. Either on this or Damnesia. Maybe one day.

That said, love this album and I'm stoked to have another copy despite the price. Sorry to cross the picket line.

I guess I'm still surprised to be seeing this repressed as the original pressing is still quite available (including on the band's King's Road Merch site). I know it has the bonus tracks and everything, but still seems like an interesting selection for SRC to go after.

That being said, I'm in for a red.

I guess I'm still surprised to be seeing this repressed as the original pressing is still quite available (including on the band's King's Road Merch site). I know it has the bonus tracks and everything, but still seems like an interesting selection for SRC to go after.

That being said, I'm in for a red.

Yea, I'm not sure how they pick their albums. I was really surprised they tackled Staring Back's "On" last year. I mean, I love that album but I really felt like there wasn't a market for it, despite this wave of 2001-2004 albums being repressed/pressed lately.

well. it's deluxe edition with tracks previously unreleased on vinyl...so i think, that the price is reasonable)

comments like this are one of the reasons as to why labels think it is okay to charge $30 for releases. just because songs haven't been pressed on vinyl does not mean they should cost more.

It's not.

Its 2x180g LP+Triple gatefold made with good paper(Sum 41 paper's really good)+11x11 16 page book+the rights+Its $hopradioca$t.

Let me remind you, that year ago Blink 182 - Self Titled on 180g white vinyl was there for 25.99.

comments like this are one of the reasons as to why labels think it is okay to charge $30 for releases. just because songs haven't been pressed on vinyl does not mean they should cost more.

This is deluxe edition, you know?

1xcd original edition cost $10

2xcd "deluxe" edition cost $15

I=ok

1xLP original edition cost $15

2xLP deluxe edition cost $27

=not reasonable

Its 2x180g LP+Triple gatefold made with good paper(Sum 41 paper's really good)+11x11 16 page book+the rights+Its $hopradioca$t.

Let me remind you, that year ago Blink 182 - Self Titled on 180g white vinyl was there for 25.99.

This is deluxe edition, you know?

1xcd original edition cost $10

2xcd "deluxe" edition cost $15

I=ok

1xLP original edition cost $15

2xLP deluxe edition cost $27

=not reasonable

Got it. As long as we label it a "deluxe" version then we can go wild with the pricing structure.

Gotta agree with those who say its reasonable on price. As assartrose said the deluxe cd would be about $15 (on amazon its $20). The original LP is OOP and would be at least $15-$20 itself if in print. With this release you are getting every song that would be on the deluxe cd + In My Stomach. So technically this has more tracks than the traditional deluxe edition. 18 tracks and double LP on gatefold with lyric insert. Its a bit crazy to think they could make profit on this for anything under $25. I get people think $20 is a lot for a single LP but $27 for a double LP deluxe edition with never been pressed before tracks as a high quality release for $7 dollars more is not really that big of deal. 

If we were going by digital track prices which were not cause that would be stupid than you are getting a bonus 7 songs added to this release. A dollar a song for each bonus track if the LP was priced at $20 normally in HQ. 

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it but in terms of getting a fair deal this is not worth whining about. 18 tracks equals $1.50 per track and thats not bad considering the quality of the release.

Gotta agree with those who say its reasonable on price. As assartrose said the deluxe cd would be about $15 (on amazon its $20). The original LP is OOP and would be at least $15-$20 itself if in print. With this release you are getting every song that would be on the deluxe cd + In My Stomach. So technically this has more tracks than the traditional deluxe edition. 18 tracks and double LP on gatefold with lyric insert. Its a bit crazy to think they could make profit on this for anything under $25. I get people think $20 is a lot for a single LP but $27 for a double LP deluxe edition with never been pressed before tracks as a high quality release for $7 dollars more is not really that big of deal. 

If we were going by digital track prices which were not cause that would be stupid than you are getting a bonus 7 songs added to this release. A dollar a song for each bonus track if the LP was priced at $20 normally in HQ. 

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it but in terms of getting a fair deal this is not worth whining about. 18 tracks equals $1.50 per track and thats not bad considering the quality of the release.

best buy sold it for $10 when it came out. you can still get it starting at $8 on discogs. $1.50 per track? according to what? itunes? and how can you determine the quality of the release when it hasn't been pressed yet?

come on. this thing should be no more than $22 or something. i'll hold off and pick it up on ebay later i guess

best buy sold it for $10 when it came out. you can still get it starting at $8 on discogs. $1.50 per track? according to what? itunes? and how can you determine the quality of the release when it hasn't been pressed yet?

come on. this thing should be no more than $22 or something. i'll hold off and pick it up on ebay later i guess

$27 dollars divided by 18 tracks = $1.50 per track. I am not gonna lie and say the price is not above average but its far from their most unreasonable price. Go ahead and get it off ebay later. Seriously nobody is stopping you and if you get it cheaper than you sir are a smart consumer. The facts are just there though. Its a fairly fair price. I talk about the quality of the release considering the gatefold, the book like insert, and the fact SRC have a history of fairly good pressings. 

Tell you what you go and find it on ebay before the end of the year for less than 30 dollars (taking shipping into consideration) and I will buy you a free record $20 or less.

$27 dollars divided by 18 tracks = $1.50 per track. I am not gonna lie and say the price is not above average but its far from their most unreasonable price. Go ahead and get it off ebay later. Seriously nobody is stopping you and if you get it cheaper than you sir are a smart consumer. The facts are just there though. Its a fairly fair price. I talk about the quality of the release considering the gatefold, the book like insert, and the fact SRC have a history of fairly good pressings.

Tell you what you go and find it on ebay for less than 30 dollars (taking shipping into consideration) and I will buy you a free record $20 or less.

Boom. Can I take this challenge from eskimoswim? I can PROMISE you that I will own this for well under $30 from eBay by the end of the year.