Boston Marathon Explosions

So I always knew Chechnya was a contentious place, but I didn't really know a ton of details. So essentially, there are Muslim groups there who want to form their own country but the central Russian government won't allow it? Seems like there have been lots of terrorist actions over there because of it. Not sure where the US fits in, other than a general war in Iraq / support of Israel angle (meaning just US-Islam global politics overall).

Anyone know more about it? Have we publicly supported the Russian government in keeping Chechnya under their control?

what does everyone think about the twitter account thing? all they said over the scanner was that he was ‘posting online’ - why would they relay that message if it was a fake twitter.

I mean, I’m with everyone else, I can’t see how it can be real, but wtf

So I always knew Chechnya was a contentious place, but I didn't really know a ton of details. So essentially, there are Muslim groups there who want to form their own country but the central Russian government won't allow it? Seems like there have been lots of terrorist actions over there because of it. Not sure where the US fits in, other than a general war in Iraq / support of Israel angle (meaning just US-Islam global politics overall).

Anyone know more about it? Have we publicly supported the Russian government in keeping Chechnya under their control?

I don't know much about it either. Religious strife is obviously common pretty much everywhere, and there are some terrorist ties there. That doesn't mean any of this is connected, but it could theoretically be possible. I haven't heard of any US involvement at all, though it isn't uncommon for us to arm people without thinking about the long term repercussions, say, the war in Sudan. 

I'm sure it'll all be clarified in due time and I wouldn't want to speculate. I guess that wasn't very helpful.

"BREAKING NEWS - CONNECTICUT POLICE ASKED TO PUT OUT AN APB FOR HONDA CRV MA TAG #36ES9 POSSIBLE SUSPECT WITH SUICIDE VEST. via - NBC."

Fuck yeah NBC pulling through with some updates.

goddamnit. too close to home for me.

"Source says activity in #NiagaraFalls is routine traffic stop. vehicle has Mass. plates. Extensive search out of caution. Nothing found yet"

I don't know much about it either. Religious strife is obviously common pretty much everywhere, and there are some terrorist ties there. That doesn't mean any of this is connected, but it could theoretically be possible. I haven't heard of any US involvement at all, though it isn't uncommon for us to arm people without thinking about the long term repercussions, say, the war in Sudan. 

I'm sure it'll all be clarified in due time and I wouldn't want to speculate. I guess that wasn't very helpful.

Most of what I am wondering is that even though these people are technically "Russian" they are ethnically closer to Arabic. So even though it is speculating it actually serves a purpose because just saying "Russian" might be pretty misleading and lead people jumping to even more wrong conclusions.