Got mine today! A little underwhelmed on packaging.. Literally came with a large envelope with bonus content! Record jacket standard... Really nothing too deluxe about it! Unless you are looking forward to decorating the envelope with stickers, wearing your pin and snap bracelet! Lol

I do love wild nothing though, they just went in left field with this packaging -

I never had tracking info...

I put my copy on my shitty portable player I have for my basement (not my main turntable) and the center hole was so tight I had to forced, and push/spin to get in on, then when I hit play the record wouldnt spin, because it was too tight lol...

Wont be a problem on my good turntable....no chunks missing, just the typical rough and bumpy rim, which is consistent with all CT colored pressings...

I never had tracking info...

I put my copy on my shitty portable player I have for my basement (not my main turntable) and the center hole was so tight I had to forced, and push/spin to get in on, then when I hit play the record wouldnt spin, because it was too tight lol...

Wont be a problem on my good turntable....no chunks missing, just the typical rough and bumpy rim, which is consistent with all CT colored pressings...

My hole was very tight too.

PHRASING.

It's not so much the rim I'm having the issue with as it is the scratch on the best wild nothing song to date

Finally showed up yesterday. Thankfully in good condition and the order was correct. Sure it took about a month, but whatever, you can't expect perfection from Captured Tracks.

When I ordered the Empty Estate special edition I noticed that they had the Shadow 7'' back in stock (and still do). I was surprised to find that the one they sent me was the limited edition blue version, even though it wasn't listed as such on the site. By some fluke it also happens to be the best sounding pressing of anything that I have gotten from Captured Tracks. No surface noise, totally worthy of headphone listening. This is the only thing I have from them that doesn't say something like "Bonati Mastering" in the runout, perhaps that has something to do with it. Such a shame that everything else they have made is so sub par sound quality wise.

Edit:

Nevermind...I was thinking of Nowhere...that is the White 7" that is limited! I do have one for sale or trade by the way! It is out of print!

No problem. I actually picked up Nowhere on white last month, but unfortunately it is the same low quality pressing I've come to expect from CT. Love the songs on it, but jeez how hard can it be to get better mastering/pressing?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got my regular version yesterday and Captured Tracks outdone their capability of pressing a bad vinyl. Center label was probably cut and stamped by a 2 year old kid. Off-centre record, thin vinyl, dirty as an old couch. Even after a rigorous cleaning session, music sounded muffled and distorted. Its probably the worst pressing I ever bought, I don't believe there's any QC at their office.

I guess I'll have to sitck to CDs instead to keep supporting their bands. They sign awesome bands and release great music but ignore the basics to make justice to their music.

• 2 months later...