PO: Dads - "Pretty Good" 7"

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_inline_mtdn6wy4cG1qmn3uw.jpg

Beach Community are delighted to welcome
Dads
to their roster with the release of ‘Pretty Good’. 

The EP, originally released in the US earlier this summer via 6131 Records will be available on 10” vinyl for the first time from 11th November, and includes two acoustic bonus tracks. 

Dads are a two piece band based in Piscataway, New Jersey. ‘Pretty Good’ follows their 2012 debut album ‘American Radass’ and the duo will be heading over for their first ever UK/EU tour to coincide with the release. 

'Pretty Good' is now available to pre-order via
along with an exclusive t-shirt. You can stream the EP (minus acoustic tracks)
 and the video for lead track, My Crass Patch,

15.11.13 - EIR - Dublin - Whelans

16.11.13 - UK - Newport- Le Pub

17.11.13 - UK - Swansea - Mozarts

18.11.13 - UK - Plymouth - White Rabbit

19.11.13 - UK - London - The Old Blue Last

20.11.13 - UK - Portsmouth - Edge of the wedge

21.11.13 - UK - Kingston - The Fighting Cocks

22.11.13 - UK - Northampton - The Labour Club

23.11.13 - UK - Leeds, UK - The Fenton

24.11.13 - UK - Glasgow - Audio w/ Joan of arc

25.11.13 - UK - Dundee - Non-Zero’s

26.11.13 - UK - Manchester - Wahlbar

27.11.13 - UK - Newcastle - The Central

28.11.13 - UK - Derby - Victoria Inn

29.11.13 - UK - Birmingham - Sruffy Murphy’s

30.11.13 - UK - Norwich - The Marquee

01.12.13 - BE - Mechelen - Club Kamikaze

02.12.13 - DE - Frankfurt - KOZ

03.12.13 - DE - Oberhausen - Druckluft

04.12.13 - FR - Paris, France - Le Petit Bain (TBC)

05.12.13 - UK - Milton Keynes - Craufurd Arms

05.12.13 - UK - Brighton - venue TBA

07.12.13 - NO - Oslo - Café Mir

08.12.13 - DK - Copenhagen - Huset KBH

Euro tour and Euro release for "Pretty Good". Shipping is horseshit and the total came out to about $40 for me. Gonna pass on this unless the band can bring some back to the states with them

Same here.  But I think I'll just wait and see if the two acoustic songs pop up to download somewhere.  I don't really want to buy a whole 10" just for two acoustic songs.

Yea, Im just a fan of 10" (penis joke here). but $40 is way to steep. I asked on facebook if any US distros would be getting it so we will see.

Personally I hate 10" records... but if this had its own artwork I'd buy it up in a second.

Does anyone know why every record I seem to get from anywhere in the UK is always just in an envelope? It's seriously scary importing from over there...

Either cardboard is really expensive there, or everyone is stupid.

Does anyone know why every record I seem to get from anywhere in the UK is always just in an envelope? It's seriously scary importing from over there...

Pretty sure it's a weight/shipping cost thing. I believe Canada Post and Royal Mail (Europe) have similar pricing schemes.

For example, if I ship a single LP to Europe with 2 pads of 1/2" bubble wrap (which weighs almost nothing) and put no cardboard in, for most average weight LPs the shipping is about $19.

Add a piece of cardboard or if its a heavyweight record and the weight goes over 500 grams and you're talking double shipping cost - $36.

I'd never ship in just a bubble mailer and it scares me to open records that are shipped to me that way.

If anyone is going to a UK show and would be willing to pick one up with more reasonable shipping prices please let me know.

The band already said it was pretty unlikely any would be coming back to the US.

Id be interested as well.

I asked Beach Community on facebook and they said they didnt have any plans to get any to US distros