PO: Black Clouds - Everything Is Not Going To Be Okay (RIYL: Dark, powerful post-rock)

I just got my copy in the post (red/black swirl), and it looks amazing but unfortunately it's warped and skips occasionally in the first third of side A. it's tolerable though so whatever I guess. I am liking the music more than the first time I listened to it

I don't think writing to him will really help. I live in Australia and anything he could offer would just put him out of a fair bit of money (shipping to here is usually in the $20-25 range) and that would just make me feel bad

Super bummed to hear that. Multi-color blends are a bit more prone to surface noise, but warping and skips are unacceptable. I listened to at least 5 randomly selected copies of every variant before I started shipping and didn't have any issues. Gotta Groove does a good job of quality control as well. I wonder if it was exposed to high temperatures in transit. Anyway, shoot me an email at australopithecusrecords  [at] gmail.com and we can work something out. I'm sold out of red/black swirl copies, but still have some on translucent red. 

Super bummed to hear that. Multi-color blends are a bit more prone to surface noise, but warping and skips are unacceptable. I listened to at least 5 randomly selected copies of every variant before I started shipping and didn't have any issues. Gotta Groove does a good job of quality control as well. I wonder if it was exposed to high temperatures in transit. Anyway, shoot me an email at australopithecusrecords  [at] gmail.com and we can work something out. I'm sold out of red/black swirl copies, but still have some on translucent red.

And that just sold me a copy. Solid.

Don't sweat it dude, it probably was just a transit thing and I don't want you to be out $$. I appreciate the offer anyway but it's something I can live with :)

Thanks for posting this.

I listened to the Soundcloud songs and can't believe a band this powerful is playing right from my backyard!

I listen to a LOT of music, and this has to be some of the most incredible music I have heard this year.

Immediately ordered the Transparent Red. Can't wait to hear the rest of the LP, and I want to see you guys live.

Rock On!

Peter

Thanks for posting this.

I listened to the Soundcloud songs and can't believe a band this powerful is playing right from my backyard!

I listen to a LOT of music, and this has to be some of the most incredible music I have heard this year.

Immediately ordered the Transparent Red. Can't wait to hear the rest of the LP, and I want to see you guys live.

Rock On!

Peter

This thread makes me so happy.

Thanks for posting this.

Rock On!

Peter

Thanks for ordering, man! Come out to the o'brother/Black Clouds show on September 17th at the Rock and Roll Hotel! 

• 4 weeks later...