Bands with only one album you like...

This thread is painful.

Just because you haven't listened to anything except for one record from a band doesn't mean it's their only good one. Nmh? The national? The mountain goats? The get up kids? The antlers? Bunch of clowns in here!

Ok, I also like that 10" they did with a couple of tracks from STWHA. All the rest puts me to sleep.

Now please enlighten us with more impeccable opinions about other people tastes.

This thread is painful.

Just because you haven't listened to anything except for one record from a band doesn't mean it's their only good one. Nmh? The national? The mountain goats? The get up kids? The antlers? Bunch of clowns in here!

The title of the thread says "you like" not that you listened to, which implies that these folks heard more from the artist and just wasn't feeling it.

This thread is painful.

I feel what makes most sense about liking one album from a band is when the album is drastically different from any of their other material. I felt the Daughters S/T LP was a good example, or Bad Religion's Into The Unknown, or the Beastie Boys early work.

This thread is painful.

That's just like... your opinion, man.

Hopesfall 'satellite years', the EP prior was pretty good but 'Satellite Years' is the only full length I can enjoy whilst listening.

Ah yes.  I forgot about this one.  Satellite Years totally blew me away when it was released.  Hell, it still does.  I was so very disappointed with everything that was released after that.  I know they were trying to do something different but for me it just didn't work.