PJ Harvey albums set for re-issue

It's not an official press release, but Music Direct seems to have most of her Island Records LPs set for re-issue on June 21. The price is steep on all of them, but I suppose it beats eBay prices.

Does anyone have any other info? I didn't see another topic on them.

http://www.musicdirect.com/search.aspx?searchterm=pj%20harvey

I'd love to know where 'Stories...', 'Is this Desire' or 'Rid of Me' can be found cheaper.?..?  And 'Dance Hall..' for a good price is pretty rare as well.  I'd say only the most recent records with the exception of "bring you my love' are easily found.  Very happy about these if it happens!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, most of PJ's albums are my white whales, especially Rid of Me. They're certainly not all available in stores and you can find them on ebay for over a hundred bucks. 

Be careful,though. I've pre-ordered a copy of Rid of Me before via Music Direct and they just kept pushing the release date back months at a time. The June release has already been pushed back to August. I'll believe a lot of this when I see it. 

I went out one night with a friend on a bit of a pub crawl round London, we ended up (drunk) record shopping. Being the good drunken buddy that i am I bought him, after a bit of haggling, a mighty fine copy of Rid of Me for £40. When we got back to his house and tried to listen to it we were stumped when we couldn't hear anything. We realised the following day, when we had sobered up a little that the speakers weren't connected. Dumbasses. Needles to say that Rid of Me is an amazing record.

this might be the second or third time Rid of Me was supposed to be reissued. Last time I think was through Plain and Aural Exploits (ick).

Fingers crossed these come out eventually - I need Is This Desire and Uh Huh Her to finish my collection. My OG copy of Rid of Me will be buried with me - it's amazing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just broke down and ordered a couple of these last week because the release date was getting close (today, I believe). I went back to Music Direct today and checked on the status and now they're all listed as TBA (except for White Chalk and Let England Shake, which are the two that are the most widely available). 

This is the same bullshit that happened last time and I'm extremely frustrated. I had a feeling it was too good to be true. Why is it so hard to get these albums back in print? 

I'd love to know where 'Stories...', 'Is this Desire' or 'Rid of Me' can be found cheaper.?..?  And 'Dance Hall..' for a good price is pretty rare as well.  I'd say only the most recent records with the exception of "bring you my love' are easily found.  Very happy about these if it happens!

http://www.deepdiscount.com/lp/To-Bring-You-My-Love-731452408518

http://www.deepdiscount.com/lp/Let-England-Shake-601091065215

Stories and Desire are the most rare and I'm glad they are being Reissued. Rid of Me has been $18 and easily accessible until recently. This reissue actually raised the prices on them.

Stories and Desire are the most rare and I'm glad they are being Reissued. Rid of Me has been $18 and easily accessible until recently. This reissue actually raised the prices on them.

Where exactly has Rid Of Me been available for $18 dollars?

I've not seen Rid Of Me sell for less than around $60 ($90 for a good copy) in a few years.  I'd love to know where you see these records at that price. 

And the two links you provide reinforce my previous point, only the most recent records PLUS "To Bring You My Love" are available at reasonable prices.

I remember buying Rid of Me when it came out. Like 20 years ago or something. (sidenote: Fuck, I'm old). I think it was the day I left home. I just remember driving endless hours across the country listening to it on cassette. Killer album.

I think I like 4 track demos a tad better now, just because it's so raw. I don't think she has reached anything as good as "To Bring.." with her most recent albums, although I did like some songs on "Stories By...".

Looking forward to grabbing this when it's finally reissued.

I've not seen Rid Of Me sell for less than around $60 ($90 for a good copy) in a few years.  I'd love to know where you see these records at that price. 

And the two links you provide reinforce my previous point, only the most recent records PLUS "To Bring You My Love" are available at reasonable prices.

I'm not arguing that they've gone up( or their scarcity now), but shops near me in Michigan and Illinois both had Rid of Me cheaply available (In the last few months). It was also previously on Deep Discount, Best Buy, and Elusive Disc.

I believe they were pressed by Plain records along with 4 Track Demos which I also picked up.

I remember buying Rid of Me when it came out. Like 20 years ago or something. (sidenote: Fuck, I'm old). I think it was the day I left home. I just remember driving endless hours across the country listening to it on cassette. Killer album.

I think I like 4 track demos a tad better now, just because it's so raw. I don't think she has reached anything as good as "To Bring.." with her most recent albums, although I did like some songs on "Stories By...".

Looking forward to grabbing this when it's finally reissued.

I'm older than you, but never drove across the US, let alone listening to PJ Harvey ;)

did that Plain Rid of Me actually come out? I remember it was a huge fiasco years ago when Aural Exploits was supposed to get some kind of exclusive pressing that kept getting delayed and delayed and then AE just disappeared entirely (apparently with a lot of people's money).

I got a copy from my local store in Michigan for that pressing but AE took my money for the Black Crows records.

did that Plain Rid of Me actually come out? I remember it was a huge fiasco years ago when Aural Exploits was supposed to get some kind of exclusive pressing that kept getting delayed and delayed and then AE just disappeared entirely (apparently with a lot of people's money).

Ha, I remember calling them like 3x a day for a couple weeks until someone finally answered. The guy assured me it would be coming out and said that Harvey was upset about the artwork and that was the reason for the delay. Thankfully I didn't believe him and had him refund my paypal account while i was on the phone.

Ha, I remember calling them like 3x a day for a couple weeks until someone finally answered. The guy assured me it would be coming out and said that Harvey was upset about the artwork and that was the reason for the delay. Thankfully I didn't believe him and had him refund my paypal account while i was on the phone.

Pretty much exact same thing happened to me except via email. 

You can find "To Bring You My Love" at some record stores for less than $20. I was surprised when I found it, and it has supposedly been in print for a good while. I'd recommend picking it up - my copy sounds pretty good. 

I actually ordered one from amazon.co.uk for around $22 shipped after reading this. Not bad if it's a good quality pressing.