PO: Faith No More- Angel Dust

"Midlife Crisis" was one of the first cassettes I ever bought.  My mom asked the guy at Sam Goody if there was bad language in the song, and he said if there was you can't tell b/c the lyrics are indecipherable.  Still remember being amazed at the b-side of Malpractive, never heard anything like that before.

The clip does something you can't do. it plays the versions in quick succession which I felt would assist you since there is a difference and you could not discern it. There's no need to be so defensive. I was attempting to help you.

I think you were supposed to insert a pitch-shifted L-A-MBO-R-GHI-NI MER-CY hook in there before uploading.  Really ties it together.

Nice!  Can't wait to get mine!  Did you order yours from soundstagedirect?

We just moved the thing to another link due to me duplicating the release:

http://www.discogs.com/release/4671466

No, I never order from soundstage as I'm in the UK. Iused What. http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/58540.htm 19.99 + 4.80 1st class recorded (within the UK).

Edit: Here's a very very rough comparison of the rear sleeves. I didn;t want to compare them all, but you'll see that the over-saturation of the MOV copy is berserk.

rear%20sleeves.png

^Your signature cannot be overstated enough.

How is the sound on this new MOV edition?  Is there a noticeable upgrade in sound quality over the CD?  I read your description on discogs and having the other version of Easy does interest me.

Currently I have: MFSL 2xLP, UK 12" LP with 12" MidLife Crisis single, and a jukebox 45 Easy/Das Schutzenfest.

Today I played the original 828321-1 UK pressing followed by the GZ unofficial pressing (which wasnl;t as bad as I remembered it and then the new repress on blue. I got the dEUS reissues which are said to be pressed by Record Industry, who also press the Music On Vinyl releases. i thought the dEUS records were good but slightly flat and preferred the CDs so I put the MOV blue vinyl on with those suspicions looming large. i was prepared to hate it. I really was. To be honest I'm completely surprised by the sound quality, it seems an immediate return to form for them as Record Industry were my favourite plant prior to the dEUS reissues.

In my personal opinion this is a better sounding record than the original LP and takes a huge dump on the GZ unofficial release. As for the Mobile Fidelity, I love the records, the package but don;t like the mix. Mofi made a very decent sounding pressing so I'd say if you prefer the slightly higher pitch, prefer the toned down guitar and the increased vocal volume then you won;t need this version. I can't fault the pressing other than the front and rear sleeve source image has been saturated to such a terrible degree and tbh it's the last thing I care about.

MOV have been wise to ensure this went on 2xLPs as if they tried to cram too much on each record, the sound would have suffered, particularly towards the end of each side. I've tried to listen for any bleeding which can come from this problem and the thing is sweet as pie. I'm not sure how the black vinyl version will sound, but that's the copy I actually wanted. Hopefully it will arrive from Amazon on Monday otherwise I'll have to sell a duplicate blue copy.

***EDIT: And it's the very first copy to get a full tracklisting. Mofi obviously omitted Easy as did most of the world, but the original European copies dropped Crack Hitler and Midnight Cowboy and were only available as a 45rpm 122 single with the limited edition, in Korea Caffeine, RV and Crack Hitler were dropped, in Russia (bootleg) RV, Malpractice, Crack Hitler and in Columbia there was another configuration again***

Anyway. I love the pressing. I just hope that I'm not alone in my opinion.

***Edit***

I just noticed a potentially serious issue. After the first chorus of Everything's Ruined there's a sound anomaly that sounds like sudden wow or a wobble but I can't see anything wrong with the groove. It's very noticeable. When you guys get your copies, please let me know if your copies have the same issue. It's roughly a third into the track during a piano part.***

^Your signature cannot be overstated enough.

How is the sound on this new MOV edition?  Is there a noticeable upgrade in sound quality over the CD?  I read your description on discogs and having the other version of Easy does interest me.

Currently I have: MFSL 2xLP, UK 12" LP with 12" MidLife Crisis single, and a jukebox 45 Easy/Das Schutzenfest.

I prefer the "cooler version" which you already have as part of the Das Schutzenfest single, but if you're after a copy particularly on vinyl, one of the two 12" version would be a good bet. Avoid the red 7". I own three copies and all sound awful. If you can order from Amazon.co.uk, you might want to just pick up a UK or European copy of Angel Dust for a couple of quid. It's the 14th track on that. Or you can just listen to this clip (hopefully you're not region blocked):

http://youtu.be/jd04y-Lmoc4

No synths, vocal introduction. Used by London Records in UK, Europe, Brazil, Japan and Australia (Australia also had the album released by liberation, the Liberation copies used the US/German "cooler version" with synths and no vocal introduction).

You're welcome, but beware of the issue I found on Everything's Ruined. I should find out Monday of it's the specific copy I received today or all of them. I hope it's just mine. The problem effects less than a second,m but it still shouldn't happen.

I would like to know, I'm still on the fence on whether to get a copy.

I got an email from MOV about the colour saturation and replied with my problem asking if they are able to test any copies they have with them. My black vinyl has not been dispatched yet so cannot check it for a while. Anyone who gets either copy, if they can check it (around the 1:42 mark) please tell me if your copy has this momentary "wobble".

I've had a mail advising that they're replacing the 1st record of both my copies (I've ordered the black but it's not with me yet). I'm to get them in about 2 weeks.

I'm genuinely bummed for all those that were looking forward to this. I've got a couple of records that I've tracked down only to find out that there was a bad run or whatever that I got in on.

Thanks for warning everyone about the issue with the blue ones as soon as you knew what was going on. Here's hoping the black ones don't have the wobble. I'm not nearly as passionate about this record as you and some others are but I really hope it gets worked out for you guys.

here's hoping amazon is dispatching black copies then. but if they used the same defective plate, it's not going to matter.

They're sending me a replacement for the a/b of the black vinyl copy too. Whilst I do not have it yet, it is on its way to me from the company I ordered it from. MOV are sending me both the A/B for the blue and the black when they are re-made which will take up to two weeks. Whilst I have not tested the black, the fact they're replacing this before I've received it suggests they've come to conclusions of their own.

alright. see what happens when i get my order from amazon. if it's got the warble, i'll contact MOV. try to get the a/b replacement.

is MOV good for that sort of thing? i assume they're they going to make me pay for shipping and such.

Never really had to deal with MOV, but regarding customer services they should be replacing this without charging any additional costs...

alright. see what happens when i get my order from amazon. if it's got the warble, i'll contact MOV. try to get the a/b replacement.

is MOV good for that sort of thing? i assume they're they going to make me pay for shipping and such.

I've never had a problem with them before and my dealings have always been informal questions. We chatted at length last year about the QOTSA Lullabies reissue and were really helpful.

With this issue, they just asked me for my address to sort the problem so they seem fairly pro-active. Also their pressings to date seem to be top notch.

Just listened to Everything's Ruined on my blue copy and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong.

Oh well, I'll listen again later to make sure.

The problem we got was around 1:50 to 1:55. Piano part following the first chorus just before the lyrics start with "He became a fat penny so fast...". I previously gave the wrong time.