Melvins - 9 Clowns of the Apocalypse 7" Series

Guest realtalk

Straight from the King's mouth in case no one has gotten the message before:

Osborne: We're really focused now on playing small-ball — doing hyper-limited 7-inches of covers and shit like that, stuff that I know we would appreciate, especially with Tom. We're more do-it-yourself now than we've ever been. It's almost like going backwards to go forwards — do the silkscreen covers, stuff all the records yourself, make the extra letter-pressed CD covers and all the extra stuff that you can't get on a download, you know, and just try to focus on that. I never want to listen to criticism where people are telling me how expensive something is, when I know the most important thing is the music itself — which is typically available for free somewhere online. Then I'm like, "Blow me!" What do you want? You want the music for free and you don't want to pay dick for some really cool packaging? Well, great.

I got a nice sized collection.  Been listening and buying Melvins shit since 1994, ( and I live in the Twin Cities so I've been to every Grumpy's show since they started playing there in 2000) so I got all the 7"s from that stuff.  I've pretty much stopped trying to grab everything and just focus on the full lengths because I just can't afford to keep up.  I'll gather it up sometime this week and take a pic.  But I'm sure Rev. Mike would be the one with jaw dropping collection.

But I'm sure Rev. Mike would be the one with jaw dropping collection.

My collection is probably better than most, but I have holes and I don't always have multiples. Getting rid of all my records at the end of the 90's didn't help. More recently I did have all the Bride variants, now I only have the Haze one. I do have at least one of most of the Amrep Melvins stuff from the last 10 years or so.

Also went to the Melvins show last night so a little merch update for anyone going. They had the Napalm Death split, all three 7" they had up on amphrep two clowns and 1983 Gaylord, they had the Bash 13 10" and cd and a bunch of letterpress CDs. They had a 30th anniversary clown poster and a clown shirt but it was $40 and came with buttons and a couple other things.