does anyone here know anyone at vitamin water

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, but the XXX water is pretty sweet

I'm drinking a 32 oz. right now!

anyone tried that mint water yet?

Yeah, and I feel like it should be mintier and just slightly sweeter. This is one of my many ideas that I'm convinced was stolen from me. We used to just put those red and white mints into bottles of water and wait for a while for them to dissolve. It was pretty awesome, maybe better, but definitely cheaper.

Ewwww, tap water? Seriously? If I drank Houston tap water on even a semi-regular basis, I'd be dead by now.
My nutrition teacher showed us test results of nationwide tap water compared to bottled water, and all the tap water meets federal health regulations, but 1/3rd of the bottled water does not. Plus you're not getting flouride in something like 95% of bottled water.

Buying bottled water is for suckers. I never have and never will buy bottled water, unless some freak pollution deal happens where there's no healthy tap water.

People that drink nothing but bottled water are suckers, but sometimes it's the only thing that is convenient. I buy them when I'm on the go, otherwise tap water is just fine for me.

You guys haven't tried Houston tap water, obviously. There's so much chlorine, it tastes like a swimming pool. And showering in it makes your hair and skin all dry and nasty. My girlfriend and I have a filter on our shower head. I buy distilled water by the gallon, which totally ISN'T for suckers at all, because it's actually a lot better for your body. Flouride is overrated, seriously.

You guys haven't tried Houston tap water, obviously. There's so much chlorine, it tastes like a swimming pool. And showering in it makes your hair and skin all dry and nasty. My girlfriend and I have a filter on our shower head. I buy distilled water by the gallon, which totally ISN'T for suckers at all, because it's actually a lot better for your body. Flouride is overrated, seriously.

Actually, since distilled water is a hypotonic solution in your body, it will cause lots of problems with the salt balance inside/outside of your cells.

Plus you're not getting flouride in something like 95% of bottled water.

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?

So explain the correlation between the rise in bottled water sales and the massive decline in oral hygeine ( or the rise in cavities / tooth decay, whichever way you want to phrase the question).

Guest baseball

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?

So explain the correlation between the rise in bottled water sales and the massive decline in oral hygeine ( or the rise in cavities / tooth decay, whichever way you want to phrase the question).

Come on now. Sure, that could be true. But there's many many things that could contribute to a decline in oral hygeine. How about the deterioration of the average American's diet? Or the fact that corn syrup is used in practically everything anymore? That's an extremely causitive statement to make.

It would require a ton of research to try and prove that, which I doubt has been done in any conclusive way in the relatively short period of time that bottled water has been popular. I could be wrong, but skepticism would not be unreasonable in my opinion.

My nutrition teacher showed us test results of nationwide tap water compared to bottled water, and all the tap water meets federal health regulations, but 1/3rd of the bottled water does not. Plus you're not getting flouride in something like 95% of bottled water.

Buying bottled water is for suckers. I never have and never will buy bottled water, unless some freak pollution deal happens where there's no healthy tap water.

People that drink nothing but bottled water are suckers, but sometimes it's the only thing that is convenient. I buy them when I'm on the go, otherwise tap water is just fine for me.

I guess im a sucker because We have a huge fridge at work that is stocked with nothing but bottled water (and sometimes beers) and its all free. We get like 10 cases delivered every week so bottled water is all i drink at work. At home i rock the big 2 or 2.5 gallon dispensers because tap water here in Jax is terrible.

how could you possibly make that connection?

A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Seriously if no one gets this I'm going to just pull my eyes out. I guess I'm a little more of a fan so it makes more sense to me.