YCCC - YoCaseyCasey's CRAZY (A 60 Day Juice Fast)

Caramelized onions are the base for french onion soup, which was what I was trying to do in the first place - basically make those and then juice them and make a broth that had the taste of french onion. I combined the two soups, instead. To caramelize onions, all you have to do is sauté them with a teaspoon or so of veggie oil until they reduce down and become a really rich, dark golden colour - you'll know they're caramelized when they lose all of their crunch. They'll practically melt in your mouth. A bag of seven onions, when properly caramelized, will reduce down to about a cup and the flavor will be super rich. I'm gonna experiment with a carrot and serrano pepper juice soup that I'm writing the recipe for and I'll report back on that in a few days.

Keep it up Kriss!

I have been eating veggie bowls from Chipotle (romaine instead of rice, no beans, fajita veggies, tons of the fresh tomato "salsa" which is more like a pico de gallo, little sour cream and a big ole glop of guac) for the last few days. I broke fast on the 4th of July, eating a salad and some side dishes at my parents' house. Friday I had a Chipotle veggie bowl. Saturday was the worst. I had a show two hours away, and we went to a bar before hand. I had a Chipotle veggie bowl before we left town, but then I had a couple of beers before the show, and the pub we went to had these homemade potato chips. I also had a fish sandwich on our drive home, because it was late and I had an hour and a half drive ahead of me. Yesterday, I had two Chipotle veggie bowls (one for lunch and one for dinner). 

I tell you all of this, because not a single day have I come close to taking in the calories it would take to maintain my weight. However, the pounds just kept creeping... until today. I expected it, but Kriss, if you break fast, don't be alarmed when you step on the scale after eating 600 calories the day before and gaining two lbs. 

Today my weight went down 2 lbs from yesterday, and I have a feeling it will keep going down from here on out. I read plenty of journals online where people started eating again and said weight suddenly appeared and then disappeared as quickly as it arrived. I suppose the body is just getting used to solids again.

Guest realtalk

I had a jumbo hotdog, Coke, buttered popcorn and M&M's last night at a movie. It tasted terrible but I managed to get most of it down. ;)

Good luck guys! :)

I had a jumbo hotdog, Coke, buttered popcorn and M&M's last night at a movie. It tasted terrible but I managed to get most of it down. ;)

Why don't you just text Casey pictures of hot fudge sundays or grill a steak in his backyard and waft the smells through his window?

Been working really hard to nit pick up the salt shaker this week.

We all tend to make bad substitutions when dieting. You might give up sugar and eat too much red meat. Or you go low fat and put salt on everything.

Probably still going to be over the daily recommendation on sodium from what is buried in the food I eat but not adding anymore. Eating stove popped popcorn with black pepper and paprika at the moment. Not as good as with some salt, but its what I'm going for and I think I'll get used to it.

Been working really hard to nit pick up the salt shaker this week.

We all tend to make bad substitutions when dieting. You might give up sugar and eat too much red meat. Or you go low fat and put salt on everything.

Probably still going to be over the daily recommendation on sodium from what is buried in the food I eat but not adding anymore. Eating stove popped popcorn with black pepper and paprika at the moment. Not as good as with some salt, but its what I'm going for and I think I'll get used to it.

You know what's awesome on air pop popcorn?  Garlic pepper.  Spray with a light coat of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter or something similar, sprinkle some of the garlic pepper on, profit.

Another thing that's great on popcorn is Parma. It's basically the vegan version of parmesan cheese and is made up of a sea salt, nutritional yeast, and finely ground almonds. The taste is way richer than normal parmesan cheese that comes in powdered form.

On day 13 - stepped on the scale and I've entered the 230's. First time I've been there in several, several months. Onward to the 220's!

You know what's awesome on air pop popcorn?  Garlic pepper.  Spray with a light coat of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter or something similar, sprinkle some of the garlic pepper on, profit.

I'm a big believer in the idea of staying away from all magarines. Even though some of them say no trans fats on the label, there is a lot of misdirection in the labeling. I go with the natural product vs the laboratory created one (butter).

I'll consider the other suggestions though. Thanks.

Guest realtalk

I'm a big believer in the idea of staying away from all magarines. Even though some of them say no trans fats on the label, there is a lot of misdirection in the labeling. I go with the natural product vs the laboratory created one (butter).

Yeah, these topping suggestions are awesome. I worked with someone "in the know" and apparently Cheese Whiz is like a molecule or so away from plastic. I think margarine is much the same.

Disclaimer: *not a nutritionist nor a scientist

Guest realtalk

Pacific Rim?

World War Z. Not bad at all for another zombie flick. I liked that the zombies moved quick!

Don't worry about 1 or 10 slip-up guys, keep being aware and striving!

Pretty impressive diets going on in here guys! Inspiring.

Good call.  I usually do too, but that's the only time I really use it, just to give a light coat so the seasoning can stick to something other than just ending up at the bottom of the bowl haha.