YCCC - YoCaseyCasey's CRAZY (A 60 Day Juice Fast)

Day 4:

242.8 lbs

That's a loss of 2.2 lbs since yesterday and 10.4 lbs total. 

Halfway through yesterday I felt great. I was awake, alert, and had no hunger pangs at all. Since then, that feeling has been consistent. I woke up at 7:00 this morning which is earlier than normal. The wife and I usually sleep in until 9:00 since she is pregnant. 

Dreams are getting weirder. A reoccurring theme in my dreams is that I am drunk, even though I am not drunk. I'll get into a car and drive erratically even though I am sober in the dream, and I'll worry that the cops are going to pull me over. Maybe those dreams stem from the fact that I'm not drinking beer as often as I was (going from daily to not-at-all). I also dreamt that I was a little black kid looking in a mirror and I was pulling wire/floss out of my gums that was never ending. I just kept pulling it out and pulling it out, and the trash can next to the sink was full of the wire stuff when I woke up. I really see the wild dreams being a side effect to the drastic change in diet.

I feel that I am passed the hard part. Now it's just a matter of sticking with it. We watch a lot of food shows (Chopped, MasterChef, Restaurant Stakeout, etc), and those have been easy to watch. The hardest part about watching them is the Red Lobster and Dominos commercials. Yesterday I REALLY wanted some pizza.

I just miss chewing stuff, but I am definitely not hungry, and I am definitely losing tons of weight.

can you do this with a blender? I want to try this but at the same time too cheap and fat to buy one :P

also where can I find the same diet as you YCC? 

The documentary he mentioned (sick, fat, and nearly dead) is a good place to start.

The same guy makes an appearance in another one called hungry for change that is pretty good as well. Both are Netflix streamers.

Hipster - The use of blenders keeps the fiber in your system which triggers your digestive system to work. That's one of the keys to fasting.

Day 5:

242.2 lbs

That's a loss of .6 lbs from yesterday and 11 lbs total. 

Yesterday was a breeze. Nothing really to report. I feel great. Waking up is still weird, because I tend to open my eyes at 6:30 but stay in bed until 8 or 9. I am still growing accustomed to the whole "no coffee" thing. I am still surprised at how well I am doing without caffeine. Two weeks ago I had two pots of coffee in the morning. Now I wake up to a hot mug of water with a half a lemon squeezed in it. 

I made the mistake of mixing carrot juice and pineapple juice. It was pretty bad. Note to self: DON'T DO THAT AGAIN.

I was about to ask about this.  Coffee doesn't have any calories so why would it have an adverse effect on your diet?

The short of it is that modern dieting focuses on the control of insulin levels and caffeine has a tenuous relationship with insulin. People haven't really nailed down its relationship but some have shown it to cause insulin levels to rise.

Decaf should be totally compatible with juicing. A cup or two of regular coffee won't destroy the diet either. If you want to take the diet to its most extreme level, coffee would not be a part of it because it can potentially have detrimental effects.

Day 6:

241.8 lbs

That’s a loss of .4 lbs from yesterday and 11.4 lbs total. 

I have been reading a ton of people’s results after 30 and 60 day juice fasts in order to stay motivated. It hasn’t been any harder, but I’m guessing it is normal to miss chewing food after days of only liquid.

It’s a bummer that less than a half a pound was lost over the last 24 hours, but it’s better than gaining weight. I saw a guy who went on a 60 day juice fast and documented his weight, and he hit a plateau at Day 5 and only lost 2 lbs between Day 6 and Day 30. He gained weight some days during that span as well. I would be ridiculously bummed if I woke up to a weight gain. I can do that eating pizza.

Last night I dreamt that I was the real Batman, and my brother was a bad Batman, and we had to race each other on jet-skis to decide who hung up their mask for good. I also dreamt that I was a part of the Boy Meets World cast (college years) and we were on a flight to Hawaii that had a layover in Chicago. So the dreams are still pretty vivid, memorable, and bizarre. 

Yesterday I drank the rest of the carrot/pineapple combo, and it was TERRIBLE. I couldn’t justify pouring the juice down the drain, so I just added water and chugged it. It literally made me want to vomit, and I think a lot of it had to do with the texture. Carrots leave a grit to the drink and it resembles the way your mouth feels after throwing up. NOT good at all. 

I juiced today’s juice last night. Back to the standard Mean Green (kale/spinach, cucumber, celery, apple, lemon, ginger). I’ve spent about $50 for all produce so far, and it is going to last me through tomorrow. I’m at about $7-8/day for the fast. That’s not bad at all.

I plan on doing measures again on each tenth day. We’ll see how many total inches I’ve lost in a few more days!