YCCC - YoCaseyCasey's CRAZY (A 60 Day Juice Fast)

I am not discouraged by any means. The lbs were bound to slow down after a few days. At my starting weight, I was planning on losing around 50 lbs over the course of the 60 days. Seeing as I've lost almost 20% of that amount after 5 days, the weight loss would be sure to slow.

Looking at the scale everyday is more encouraging than anything.

Day 6:

241.8 lbs

That’s a loss of .4 lbs from yesterday and 11.4 lbs total. 

I have been reading a ton of people’s results after 30 and 60 day juice fasts in order to stay motivated. It hasn’t been any harder, but I’m guessing it is normal to miss chewing food after days of only liquid.

It’s a bummer that less than a half a pound was lost over the last 24 hours, but it’s better than gaining weight. I saw a guy who went on a 60 day juice fast and documented his weight, and he hit a plateau at Day 5 and only lost 2 lbs between Day 6 and Day 30. He gained weight some days during that span as well. I would be ridiculously bummed if I woke up to a weight gain. I can do that eating pizza.

Last night I dreamt that I was the real Batman, and my brother was a bad Batman, and we had to race each other on jet-skis to decide who hung up their mask for good. I also dreamt that I was a part of the Boy Meets World cast (college years) and we were on a flight to Hawaii that had a layover in Chicago. So the dreams are still pretty vivid, memorable, and bizarre. 

Yesterday I drank the rest of the carrot/pineapple combo, and it was TERRIBLE. I couldn’t justify pouring the juice down the drain, so I just added water and chugged it. It literally made me want to vomit, and I think a lot of it had to do with the texture. Carrots leave a grit to the drink and it resembles the way your mouth feels after throwing up. NOT good at all. 

I juiced today’s juice last night. Back to the standard Mean Green (kale/spinach, cucumber, celery, apple, lemon, ginger). I’ve spent about $50 for all produce so far, and it is going to last me through tomorrow. I’m at about $7-8/day for the fast. That’s not bad at all.

I plan on doing measures again on each tenth day. We’ll see how many total inches I’ve lost in a few more days!

Now I'm curious to know what you were dreaming about before the juice fast. These dreams are pretty crazy.

I don't know how you are doing this. I'm on day 3, but still having one healthy meal per day. And it's fucking horrible. I'm thinking about bacon more than pussy.

I have juiced in the past (though never for more than like 5 days) and the thoughts about food in my mind are worse than the actual hunger pangs. Once you can psychologically overcome that, you're probably set. 

Day 7:

240.4 lbs

That’s a loss of 1.4 lbs from yesterday and 12.8 lbs total. 

Seeing a loss of over a lb was definitely more encouraging than yesterday’s .4 lb loss. Emmy and Jeff both say that I shouldn’t weigh in every day, but I want to see that I am going down every 24 hours, even if it’s just a little bit.

I have been drinking diluted juice since Day 2. Drinking juice straight is just gross. If I mix it with water (50/50), there is more to drink, but it’s easier to chug. I typically prepare around 1.5 quarts per day and drink that all with at least 100 oz of water over the course of the day.

Yesterday I didn’t drink the 1.5 quarts of juice though. I only had a quart. It’s not because the juice was bad. It’s just because I wasn’t hungry at all. I drank a ton of water and spent most of the day on the couch watching the Food Network. I was just unmotivated to get out of the house.

I was tempted to have some vodka last night. I had read that someone lost a substantial amount of weight while still drinking on their juice fast. I decided against though. 

I will see the 230s again tomorrow if things keep moving along!

The problem with the everyday way is you might go up a bit or hit a plateau, which is less likely daily. Keep weighing but be prepared to maybe not lose occasionally.

It's true. I read a journal of a guy that did a 60 day juice fast and weighed in on Day 1 at 290. He lost 8 lbs over the first three days, but didn't cross 10 lbs until Day 30. He hit a MEGA plateau (but I am betting he cheated hardcore). 

Yeah, you should really try to limit yourself to one weigh-in a week, to see better/more concrete results. Make sure you're always weighing in at the same time, too. (I do early mornings.)

I do it first thing after my morning pee pee.

Again, if I wasn't journaling the fast, I wouldn't weigh myself every day, but I am taking decent notes of feelings, what I've ingested, and weekly measures/daily weights. 

Yeah, you should really try to limit yourself to one weigh-in a week, to see better/more concrete results. Make sure you're always weighing in at the same time, too. (I do early mornings.)

PS - SCOTT! You saw that I was just joking about shaving your beard in the "Pic of Yourself" thread, right?

I weighed myself every single day when I was losing weight, and years later, I still weigh myself every morning. Keeps me in check, and it still amazes me I've lost (and kept off) the weight that I did.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I usually just juice for breakfast, and I figured I'd throw out that one of my favorites is pineapple/cucumber/ginger. Really refreshing in the morning. (Though not the healthiest of juices, it's delicious)

I tend to check out http://www.reddit.com/r/Juicing/ if I'm looking for some recipes or checking out other peoples' progress. Have seen some really good info there over the years.

Good luck on the continued success.

Started today and while I enjoy the juice, I'm still somewhat skeptical of how safe this is since a full serving of a kale/green apple/celery hybrid is around 130 calories. Three times a day and 400 calories seems off, but I'm giving this a shot.

Yes, either you are miscalculating the calories or you are not drinking enough. Quick google search produced this:

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5016886_recommended-calories-liquid-diet.html

Maybe there are more reliable resources out there, but it's probably not far off. If it was me, I would target 1000 calories a day. One pound of body fat is 3500 calories. If you are a bigger person who is not just sitting on the couch all day, you might be burning 3k calories a day. 1000 calories should produce about a half a pound of fat loss a day. That is incredible progress if you can get there.

But yeah, shoot for more than 400. Can't lose it all in a week.

I use the MyFitness app to keep count of all of my intake. A 16 ounce celery/green apple/cucumber juice is 135. With most of the research I've done pointing at four 16 ounce servings a day, that's 540 at the most. You'd need to do 7 servings a day to get up to 1,000. I'll stick this out as long as possible.

I weighed in one week ago this morning. My initial weigh in was 253.2 lbs (the heaviest I have ever weighed in my entire life). 

Day 8:

238.8 lbs

That’s a loss of 1.6 lbs from yesterday and 14.4 lbs total. 

DAMN!

It was GREAT to end Week 1 on a decent loss in the final 24 hours. Yesterday was a struggle (as are most days), but mainly because my parents came to visit and took Emmy and I to Amazing Joe’s for a late lunch. I obviously didn’t eat, and my wife is obviously always hungry (the whole eating-for-two thing), so I drank water with lemon while the rest of the family indulged in pasta, salad, and bean burgers. I actually enjoyed being around the smell of the food, but my stomach threw a tantrum later that evening.

I gave in and made a mug of store-bought chicken broth. The first sip was amazing, but I only had 2 or 3 sips after that, as it gave my mouth a terrible cottony feeling. I was worried about drinking it in the first place. I couldn’t find any research online about a juice fast involving chicken broth. It apparently had no affect on my weight loss.

My dreams have finally caught on with my new found diet. Last night I dreamt that I was in a local pub. It was one of those dreams where I felt drunk. I ordered a decaf coffee and put a ton of cream in it. After taking a swig, I spit it out all over the place because I remembered (in my dream) that I am not allowed to drink any dairy. I also dreamt that I was waiting tables but not allowed to eat any of the food I served (this dream definitely stemmed from the fact that I am currently reading a couple of chapters of “Waiter Rant" each night prior to bedtime). 

I DID drink a cup of DECAF coffee yesterday morning. It’s something I won’t do often, but it also had no apparent effect on the weight loss.

My goal for the coming week is to be in the 220s by next Monday. That means I need to lose a little over 1 lb each day. I think it’s a reasonable and feasible goal.

I also measured some extremities yesterday and I’ve already lost an inch off my waist and 1.5 inches off my belly. 

This weekend was the hardest thus far in the fast, but mainly due to the lack of my weekly schedule. I spent Saturday sitting on the couch most of the day, and the same occurred on Sunday. I used to go to the bar for fun, or to get out of the house, and I can't do that anymore. I can't even go out to eat just to get out of the house. It's a mega bummer. But seeing the lbs fall off definitely ISN'T a mega bummer.