Sigur Ros - Takk possible repress [False alarm...] :(

No way I'm spending $100+ on an album when it will be inevitably be reissued.

Same here.  To each his own, but I don't even understand the whole "would prefer to own a 1st press" thing when a first press costs ~$200 and will (most likely) sound identical to a repress.  More power to those type of collectors, but I'd personally opt to wait a bit longer and buy 8-10 different / new records.

[edit]

I stuck with my Amazon.ca order, even if I have zero hopes of it going through.  Estimated shipping date is July 17th - August 8th.  Really eager to see how far that shipping date will creep before the listing disappears.

No regrets

Yeah, yeah...

I'm sure the repress won't be identical to the first press, either.  It'll probably be missing the etching, or the 10" altogether, etc.  But I'm willing to accept any tweaks if it saves me $160, to be honest.  I have a strong suspicion that it'll be another year or two before we get an actual repress, though.  Pretty disappointing, but life goes on.

• 1 month later...

my order for this was just cancelled this morning...... will now wait for the next false amazon listing and try again.

Amazon Canada is garbage, they cancelled my Takk, however I can still go on an order it right now, they also cancelled my King Gizzard pre-order citing they didnt get any. Sales are crap as well, I just use amazon UK