Dance Gavin Dance 6 LP Vinyl Boxset

I briefly listened to one of the songs off the new album and was not digging it. I agree with mostly everyone else (skimmed through comments) that the first Tides of Man album is the bomb and I instantly fell in love with that album. The first few DGD albums are great too even though I despise Johnny Craig. The first time I ever saw DGD live, Johnny ruined it because he was too fucked up to do anything but wail and flop around like a dying pig on stage, and you could tell the band was pissed at him for ruining their performance. Johnny Craig is pure trash.

I definitely need to listen to more of this new album before I make any decisions about whether or not I like it. I like all that Will Swan is doing these days. I have seen Stolas a few times now and they are about to go on another tour. You can tell they work hard and take what they do seriously. It helps that they are genuinely nice guys too. 

Didn't like it at all. Nothing will even get even somewhat close to happiness.

This is the problem I'm having. I think Happiness has to be one of the most beautiful and well-done albums of all time, and as much as I love Tilian, it's come to be so hard to beat. However, I didn't feel like this was them trying to go back to that. I dunno. It felt like something new they were experimenting with, and if they ever record another album with Tilian, I'd bet on it his equivillent to Happiness.

I'm not impressed... but I'm satisfied. This albums is weird for me... There's some things I know I like, some things I'm not sure how I feel about, and some things I know I don't like at all. First, Strawberry Swisher pt 3 made this album worth it to me, and then Back to the Future pt 2... that song was amazing. There are some other really good songs too, like The Jiggler. I'm not sure how I feel about the parts in Death of the Robot... Or the song as a whole. I don't know yet. And way too much metalcore in Carve and Demo Team. I think I could've done without Demo Team and been even happier. For this, I blame Rise, because I usually blame them for everything wrong in this world. I also like to think that if they had stuck with their tried and true producer, this album would be way better overall. I'm gonna go ahead and blame Rise for that too. Because reasons.

But yeah. I'll listen to this more than pretty much anything except the Kurt stuff.

I swear I'm one of the few people who has Happiness as being my least favorite of their releases.

For me it goes: DBM > Self-Titled > DBM2 > WISIRO > Happiness

I really don't know what it is. I just think it's the fact that I wish Mess was on that album so much. He's become my favorite member of the group over the years and even though I do enjoy Will's screams on the album, it just isn't the same to me.

Also, I didn't include Acceptance Speech because I'm gonna wait until I actually have the album in my possession to give it a listen. Will probably edit my list then.

Acceptance Speech is growing on me slightly. I really dig Strawberry Swisher Pt. 3 and Honey Revenge, which is one of the few songs where I can really hear the guitar. Also, Tilian plays and interacts with the instruments well in that song.

His vocals at the middle/end of Back to the Future pt. II are awesome.

Still, I only love a handful of tracks.

Acceptance Speech is growing on me slightly. I really dig Strawberry Swisher Pt. 3 and Honey Revenge, which is one of the few songs where I can really hear the guitar. Also, Tilian plays and interacts with the instruments well in that song.

His vocals at the middle/end of Back to the Future pt. II are awesome.

Still, I only love a handful of tracks.

I'm in a similar boat. The tracks that are good are REALLY fucking good, and the tracks that aren't that are... okay. Honey Revenge was one I forgot to mention as being one of my favorites. As much as I love his part in it, I wish they would here kept the trend of not having screaming in Strawverry Swisher.

The only thing I really liked about DTBM2 was Jon's parts and the bluesy instrumentation. As a whole, I think I already like this one better. I just wanna know what happened to the production! If and when they put out a new album, I hope they return to their old producer.

Also, I'm expecting an announcement about the box set on the release date of this album, the 8th, but that's just me speculating, so I dunno.

I thought the first melody, like halfway through the song, was slightly boring, but then the really big melody in the ending was just beautiful. Will's raps never make any sense. :P I think, even if this album is the death of the band, which is not very likely at all, they've spawned so many projects and inspired so many upcoming bands , not to mention helping said upcoming bands get exposure and recognition, that they've been a huge positive force in that niche of music. Will Swan has his own record label now, plus a band with Donovan from Hail the Sun and Sergio from Stolas, plus the band with Matt Geise from Lower Definition. Will and Jon have Secret Band, who's finished a full album now. I think that band is sort of their outlet to do what they want free from Rise. Jonny Craig is going to scum his way to popularity, and made Emarosa come up from an old post-hardcore band. DGD's old guitarist started Strawberry Girls, a phenomenal instrumental progressive band. They sort of helped out A Lot Like Birds a lot. Will signed and the basket produce the album of the aforementioned Stolas, and got fucking everyone to do guest vocals. There's probably a lot more. Also, this isn't me defending them toward anyone or anything. They don't really need defending. This is me rambling and appreciating them because I don't have anything better to do until GTA 5 tomorrow.

I downloaded some of the bands you mentioned here. Bumping to say Stolas is fucking AWESOME.

• 2 weeks later...