Dance Gavin Dance 6 LP Vinyl Boxset

Never heard of these guys until this board. 

Do you have a spotify? Here is a 13 song DGD sampler playlist with all the hits: http://open.spotify.com/user/124579613/playlist/0ml8Gr16zSWPN4ZF2q7uJr

I picked the 3 most popular songs off each album according to Spotify. For Royal Ocean, I only picked the most popular song. Some of my personal favorites are missing, but I tried to make it purely unbiased.

This is the best vinyl-related news I've gotten in a long time, probably since the In Defense of the Genre announcement. I love every single one of this band's releases, for different reasons. But Happiness and the Kurt stuff in general is my favorite, but I feel it's more genuine and soulful, but I also am bitter toward Jonny because he's an asshole. I was so excited when I heard that Tilian was in the band for real, because Tides of Man's stuff with him is flawless, and he's been one of my favorite musicians. I love keeping up with all the stuff these guys spawn. Kurt being in A Lot Like Birds, the old guitarist being in Strawberry girls, Will's label signing Stolas, them all sorta being really close with Hail the Sun, Lower Definition (before they broke up), and The Speed of Sound in Seawater. Plus, there's Jon and Will and others in Secret Band. Will said he and Matt Geise have a new project, so that's exciting. Basically, I'll be buying the shit out of this.

This is the best vinyl-related news I've gotten in a long time, probably since the In Defense of the Genre announcement. I love every single one of this band's releases, for different reasons. But Happiness and the Kurt stuff in general is my favorite, but I feel it's more genuine and soulful, but I also am bitter toward Jonny because he's an asshole. I was so excited when I heard that Tilian was in the band for real, because Tides of Man's stuff with him is flawless, and he's been one of my favorite musicians. I love keeping up with all the stuff these guys spawn. Kurt being in A Lot Like Birds, the old guitarist being in Strawberry girls, Will's label signing Stolas, them all sorta being really close with Hail the Sun, Lower Definition (before they broke up), and The Speed of Sound in Seawater. Plus, there's Jon and Will and others in Secret Band. Will said he and Matt Geise have a new project, so that's exciting. Basically, I'll be buying the shit out of this.

And all of this stuff they are involved with is amazing. Great musicians and really talented. Will Swan can riff anyone apart on his gee-tar, Jon Mess can come up with a single lyric that is so complex it could melt your brain, and Matt Mingus is just a chill dude who smokes and plays drums really well. Tilian is really humble, I met them at their last tour.

This will be awesome, I hate that it will cost an arm and a leg, but I'll get it regardless. DBM, Deathstar, and Happiness are why I'll be buying this. DBM2 was a little boring to me. Definitely had some jams, but I feel like it needed to be more focused, like Happiness. I also hate that they abandoned the groove from Happiness (Don't Tell Dave anyone?). I'm really excited for the new record, I loved Tides of Man, especially Dreamhouse, so I know I'm going to like Tilian in DGD. Jonny might have been a better singer, but Kurt is a better songwriter. His melodies are much more memorable than Jonny's.

Favorite song anyone? It's hard to beat Uneasy Hearts Weigh the Most for me. Maybe Carl Barker, Don't Tell Dave, It's Safe to Say You Dig the Backseat... Well, I like a lot of them, haha.

Super stoked about this. The artwork for the new album is done by Mattias again and is posted on the first page of this thread somewhere. The new song/lyric video should come out tomorrow or by the end of the week. I'm assuming preorder info will come out with it. And the new album will be out before November. Talked to Tilian about that one.

My 2nd favorite band. So excited for this boxset. I appreciate every album they've done, none of this "I only like Jonny/Kurt" shit. Each album was great in what they were going for. "Happiness" was more of a melodic/funk vibe with Kurt and then when Jonny came back they wanted DBM2 but with Jonny's new style. Each album has been great. So excited for this.

I'm gonna make the assumption that you have never seen them live. Cause if you had and Johnny was singing you would understand the hatred. He's the most unprofessional turd nugget I've ever seen live and I saw circa twice right before Anthony went to rehab... But Johnny is/was 100 times worse...

This Jonny might have been a better singer, but Kurt is a better songwriter. His melodies are much more memorable than Jonny's.

Kurt's also a better person than Jonny, and seems to actually have an understanding of music. I've never met either one, but I don't want to meet Jonny. It's pretty obvious he's a terrible person. Seeing the way Kurt interacts with people on Facebook and actually responds to things and whatnot is cool, and I haven't heard anything like him stealing money from kids.

My favorite song is probably Uneasy Hearts Weigh the Most, but I also love Tree Village, Rock Solid, and Strawberry Swisher pt 2. Pretty much everything Kurt did. Jonny's stuff is good short-term, but it doesn't seem to have any real meaning or impact.