Dance Gavin Dance 6 LP Vinyl Boxset

I think Jonny is a great vocalist, but I think he lacks in a few departments when it comes to lyric writing. And he lacks in a LOT of departments when it comes to live performances. He sounds like shit in every video I've ever seen. Not to mention him being a complete dick who's obsessed with himself. 

Well said, Jonny Craig is all voice and no soul.

• 2 weeks later...

DAT OUTRO

And I'm referring to both that fucking gorgeous vocal display and Will Swan's rap.

I'm worried about Jon Mess' parts. Not so much the lyrics. Jon Mess is gonna do whatever he wants with the lyrics. Just the mass of effects he's using. And I'm really, really worried about those more metalcore parts.

Not digging the new song after my first few listens. Tilian's melodies are pretty boring, and I usually think he can do no wrong. Also, Will's rap is one of the most confusing things I've heard, but I still love how they do what they want and have fun. Still really excited for this album to drop.

Not digging the new song after my first few listens. Tilian's melodies are pretty boring, and I usually think he can do no wrong. Also, Will's rap is one of the most confusing things I've heard, but I still love how they do what they want and have fun. Still really excited for this album to drop.

I thought the first melody, like halfway through the song, was slightly boring, but then the really big melody in the ending was just beautiful. Will's raps never make any sense. :P I think, even if this album is the death of the band, which is not very likely at all, they've spawned so many projects and inspired so many upcoming bands , not to mention helping said upcoming bands get exposure and recognition, that they've been a huge positive force in that niche of music. Will Swan has his own record label now, plus a band with Donovan from Hail the Sun and Sergio from Stolas, plus the band with Matt Geise from Lower Definition. Will and Jon have Secret Band, who's finished a full album now. I think that band is sort of their outlet to do what they want free from Rise. Jonny Craig is going to scum his way to popularity, and made Emarosa come up from an old post-hardcore band. DGD's old guitarist started Strawberry Girls, a phenomenal instrumental progressive band. They sort of helped out A Lot Like Birds a lot. Will signed and the basket produce the album of the aforementioned Stolas, and got fucking everyone to do guest vocals. There's probably a lot more. Also, this isn't me defending them toward anyone or anything. They don't really need defending. This is me rambling and appreciating them because I don't have anything better to do until GTA 5 tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Their worst album hands down, Its ok. Jon mess is the only thing that saves this album for me. Will's shredding is even boring. There are standout tracks but ehh.

Oh man, no way. This is a great mix of self titled and happiness and has so much more energy than DBM2. Not to mention actually good clean singing parts. Jonny can't write a hook to save his life anymore.

Oh man, no way. This is a great mix of self titled and happiness and has so much more energy than DBM2. Not to mention actually good clean singing parts. Jonny can't write a hook to save his life anymore.

I didn't like DBM2 at first but it grew on me. This just isn't tilian's band, He bores me here. He's a great singer, no doubt. Tides of man's first album was great, but here he has to fill shoes that are too big for him. This is no doubt their worst, but it's still worth a listen. In no ways is it a bad album, it's just nothing new with a singer that's not bringing much to the table on this release. 

Jonny has half a brain. He shouldn't be writing anything. He should power on. Sing. Power off.

Jonny has half a brain. He shouldn't be writing anything. He should power on. Sing. Power off.

Even his singing is boring now. The melodies on dbm2 were really bad. "De de du do do do... Falling down"

I'm not going to say this is better than DBM, Deathstar, or happiness, but I definitely think it holds it's own to those. Strawberry swisher pt 3 is a jam.

I didn't like DBM2 at first but it grew on me. This just isn't tilian's band, He bores me here. He's a great singer, no doubt. Tides of man's first album was great, but here he has to fill shoes that are too big for him. This is no doubt their worst, but it's still worth a listen. In no ways is it a bad album, it's just nothing new with a singer that's not bringing much to the table on this release. 

I agree with your saying this isn't Tilian's band. I have been a huge Tilian fan since ToM's first EP, and I was insanely stoked when he did a few things with Saosin. He deserves to be in a band where he shines. The vocals are good on the new DGD album, but there is something about them that just don't fit. So boring compared to his Tides of Man, Saosin, and solo stuff. It's not just him, though. The instruments aren't nearly as catchy as the first three albums.

Trying to like the new album. Besides a couple standout tracks, there isn't much to love. Pretty disappointed. I'll listen to it more than DBM2, though.

I have mixed feelings on this. I think I like the songs with either more screaming and the singing playing a smaller role or the opposite, with more singing and the screaming playing a smaller role. The songs that are a more even split sound kind of forced. Almost like 2 songs combined into one. About half the songs on here I really like though. And, like most DGD albums, I'm sure it will grow on me. Bring on the boxset!