The " I couldnt find a photography thread, so i made one" thread

ive been slacking in the photo field, just some weddings and random shit, to much crap going, but nice to see some quality photos in here. keep it up everyone. maybe ill post again soon, only photo's ive been taking have been of the girlfriend, haha sorry not sorry to my ig followers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been staring at that second photo for so long and so confused by the repetition of patterns of leaves on the bridge only to finally realize it is a mirror image? right? Pretty cool!

The last two are my favorites. Very moody.

;) Mirrored indeed. Nice catch! I didn't like the way the left side was, so I reflected the right

you rock the square format so well. something I can't do. those are awesome.

Thanks! I throw out so many images cause they don't fit the square crop. I guess I think Instagram is the way to get people to check out my stuff, so I cater to that.

;) Mirrored indeed. Nice catch! I didn't like the way the left side was, so I reflected the right

Thanks! I throw out so many images cause they don't fit the square crop. I guess I think Instagram is the way to get people to check out my stuff, so I cater to that.

what is your instagram?

Well. I was pretty meh about this roll. I was shooting some Portra 400 and I much prefer Agfa (it has more cooler tones than Portra). And I really need to get my eyes checked. I missed some really good shots due to manual focus issues. Ugh. Here are a few. Nothing too exciting.

15544480287_a186dcb141_z.jpg

15544816520_6ac5d4ebf0_z.jpg

15731210952_4f962fe0b7_z.jpg

15109704874_bafec1cfb1_z.jpg

15109705374_d8a2b6a207_z.jpg

15729668665_d0e28f3edf_z.jpg

15543780479_aa7bc7230f_z.jpg

15544483907_38c4584b9b_z.jpg

My sister was sending out vet school applications in September and she needed an updated head shot, so she gussied up and we snapped a few shots against our dining room wall, since it's a neutral color. I took this one while she wasn't paying attention, and it ended up being my favorite of the bunch.

tumblr_nennfyCQp41u06bh7o1_1280.jpg

I bought a Diana mini off of Goodwill and I thought it was working perfectly and so I had taken a roll of amazing shots, and when I developed it I found out the shutter was stuck and had a tiny pinhole and absolutely destroyed all my pictures. Then I fixed it and got some shots, then I took another amazing roll and found out the problem happened again and it ruined all the photos, I was so so sad. But here's some I kinda got: tumblr_n4u993uC6i1ttancso1_1280.jpgtumblr_n3nikg1B9m1ttancso2_1280.jpgtumblr_n1p5d0e6DG1ttancso5_1280.jpgtumblr_n1p5d0e6DG1ttancso4_1280.jpg

Well. I was pretty meh about this roll. I was shooting some Portra 400 and I much prefer Agfa (it has more cooler tones than Portra). And I really need to get my eyes checked. I missed some really good shots due to manual focus issues. Ugh. Here are a few. Nothing too exciting.

15544480287_a186dcb141_z.jpg

15544816520_6ac5d4ebf0_z.jpg

15731210952_4f962fe0b7_z.jpg

15109704874_bafec1cfb1_z.jpg

15109705374_d8a2b6a207_z.jpg

15729668665_d0e28f3edf_z.jpg

15543780479_aa7bc7230f_z.jpg

15544483907_38c4584b9b_z.jpg

These are great, Tess. Over the years I've been trying to convince myself that tack-sharp is over rated. You prove that to me in these images.

I see you don't really "get" Dianas, lol. I think those shots are cool.

I get that they're toy cameras, and I expect there to be some light leakage, which is how I get shots like this: 

1610052_1468660680034187_116241015540642

It's the joy of shooting film, but it's still a bummer to have a problem that you thought you had fixed ruin every shot.

I get that they're toy cameras, and I expect there to be some light leakage, which is how I get shots like this: 

1610052_1468660680034187_116241015540642

It's the joy of shooting film, but it's still a bummer to have a problem that you thought you had fixed ruin every shot.

Dude! I mean, to each their own, but these look really fucking cool. These aren't ruined at all. Each lomo camera is different - they've each got their own personality. Once you learn what yours is like, you can really start to use it to its full potential. This portrait is what so many people try to accomplish digitally with Photoshop on a daily basis and you did it naturally and in-camera. That's really awesome.

Thanks ash. There were a few from this roll that would have been killer but focus was Really off. Ugh. Annoyed with myself. But you are so kind. Thank you. I'm going to shoot with my point and shoot film camera for a while. Haha that auto focus tho!

And Justice. I thoroughly agree with ash on this. It just takes time to get to know a new camera. I have a Diana and I've literally never used it because I'm terrified. So props to you!

I have like 10 rolls of 120mm I've never developed because I'm sure they suck. 

Post more photos Tess, I love those shots. 

Wow. Thank you so much! I am trying to shoot more. I miss taking portraits... I keep trying to convince people to let me take them on shoots because I am desperate to take photos of people. These shots were from the "instameet" I went to last month.

I bought a Diana mini off of Goodwill and I thought it was working perfectly and so I had taken a roll of amazing shots, and when I developed it I found out the shutter was stuck and had a tiny pinhole and absolutely destroyed all my pictures. Then I fixed it and got some shots, then I took another amazing roll and found out the problem happened again and it ruined all the photos, I was so so sad. But here's some I kinda got: tumblr_n4u993uC6i1ttancso1_1280.jpg

I LOVE this. I think with toy cameras it is really difficult to shoot in low light situations. I mean, I don't really have any experience, but that would be my guess considering you have such a lack of control over exposure.