The " I couldnt find a photography thread, so i made one" thread

Well. I was pretty meh about this roll. I was shooting some Portra 400 and I much prefer Agfa (it has more cooler tones than Portra). And I really need to get my eyes checked. I missed some really good shots due to manual focus issues. Ugh. Here are a few. Nothing too exciting.

I really like these ones Tess, I think you've done well. I'm not really confident with split-circle screens which is probably why I stick with my Ricoh even though the viewfinder frame has died in it, ha ha.

I really like these ones Tess, I think you've done well. I'm not really confident with split-circle screens which is probably why I stick with my Ricoh even though the viewfinder frame has died in it, ha ha.

Ya me too... I think I just need to take more time focusing. I also went to the eye doc today and found out I need a stronger prescription. Merp.

Thanks for your kind words! Where can I see more of your stuff? Do you have an Instagram?

Two or three years ago, my granddad gave me his Nikon FA, which he bought brand new the year it was released in the US (1983, I think), along with two or three lenses and a flash, all in pristine condition. Since he gave it to me, I've been storing it in my closet at my parents' house, mostly because I'm intimidated by using film cameras since I've never actually worked with one before. What can I say? I was born in the DSLR era.

As soon as I have time, though, I'd love to really learn how to use it. If any of y'all happen to have one and/or can give me some pointers on what's what, that'd be super rad and much appreciated.

Ya me too... I think I just need to take more time focusing. I also went to the eye doc today and found out I need a stronger prescription. Merp.

Thanks for your kind words! Where can I see more of your stuff? Do you have an Instagram?

I haven't really used my XG-1 since the last couple of rolls came back blank. The shutter seems to be firing fine though so who knows. I'm keen to give my Minolta 7s a whirl though for something different.

@el__burrito

I mainly just use Flickr for now though. Sometimes I post film shots on Insta.

I haven't really used my XG-1 since the last couple of rolls came back blank. The shutter seems to be firing fine though so who knows. I'm keen to give my Minolta 7s a whirl though for something different.

@el__burrito

I mainly just use Flickr for now though. Sometimes I post film shots on Insta.

Oh bummer! At least you have a nice backup. Haha. I just have my little canon sure shot. For a film point and shoot it's actually awesome. Always tack sharp with a 2.8 aperture.

Sweet! I'll check it out. I use flikr sparingly but I know I should try harder

Oh bummer! At least you have a nice backup. Haha. I just have my little canon sure shot. For a film point and shoot it's actually awesome. Always tack sharp with a 2.8 aperture.

Sweet! I'll check it out. I use flikr sparingly but I know I should try harder

It has a nice green mould speckle to it too haha. I've seen plenty of good photos from Canon Sure Shots. My mum had a Sure Shot Supreme in the 90s but the film door was broken when I went to use it. 

Do you upload elsewhere? 

I love split circle! I was lucky enough to be taught by my mom how to use a split circle focus system at the ripe age of 13 haha.

Two or three years ago, my granddad gave me his Nikon FA, which he bought brand new the year it was released in the US (1983, I think), along with two or three lenses and a flash, all in pristine condition. Since he gave it to me, I've been storing it in my closet at my parents' house, mostly because I'm intimidated by using film cameras since I've never actually worked with one before. What can I say? I was born in the DSLR era.

As soon as I have time, though, I'd love to really learn how to use it. If any of y'all happen to have one and/or can give me some pointers on what's what, that'd be super rad and much appreciated.

I can help :)

I would be willing to help too! But I think Ash would be a better teacher. I am horrendous at explaining technical things.

It has a nice green mould speckle to it too haha. I've seen plenty of good photos from Canon Sure Shots. My mum had a Sure Shot Supreme in the 90s but the film door was broken when I went to use it. 

Do you upload elsewhere? 

Haha, ah the joys. I found mine at a thrift store. $3!! And I really need to start taking it on my travels over my AE-1. Light, plastic, and auto focus. I am so lazy.

I am horrible at Flikr, as I mentioned. But you can view my most recent work HERE. I am looking to add more of my old digital stuff too, but most of that was commercial portraits and stuff. I can be kind of critical of myself, so I don't post a lot. I am always welcoming feedback!

Haha, ah the joys. I found mine at a thrift store. $3!! And I really need to start taking it on my travels over my AE-1. Light, plastic, and auto focus. I am so lazy.

I am horrible at Flikr, as I mentioned. But you can view my most recent work HERE. I am looking to add more of my old digital stuff too, but most of that was commercial portraits and stuff. I can be kind of critical of myself, so I don't post a lot. I am always welcoming feedback!

That's a neat portfolio, it's organised well and there are some great shots. I really like the sixth portrait under 'Characters' of the man with the Kodak Signet(?), it has a real 70s aesthetic to it. Was that shot on Agfa?

$3? Bargain! I find point and shoots to be a lot of fun and something different since you have to trust the camera a little more than usual. It's nice being able to fit a camera in your pocket too, but I wouldn't want to drop the Ricoh, I'm not sure it would survive.

That's a neat portfolio, it's organised well and there are some great shots. I really like the sixth portrait under 'Characters' of the man with the Kodak Signet(?), it has a real 70s aesthetic to it. Was that shot on Agfa?

$3? Bargain! I find point and shoots to be a lot of fun and something different since you have to trust the camera a little more than usual. It's nice being able to fit a camera in your pocket too, but I wouldn't want to drop the Ricoh, I'm not sure it would survive.

Thank you! I am not a website designer so thank goodness for cargo collective. Hey Thanks! That is my friend that restores old cameras and inlays them with wood. He is making it big doing that! I think that actually might have been on a roll of Fujifilm Superia 400. 

Right? I love finding bargain cameras that people don't realize are a gem. It's been nice because I just carry it around in my purse and can access it easily... I have been taking less photos on my phone, and more on that lil thang.

I actually picked up a Ricoh AF-40 not too long ago either! I haven't tested it out yet though. The cool thing about that is it has the button on the bottom to release for a second shot, so you can do multiple exposures. I want to try that out on this camera! It might be a little tricky with everything being automatic, but I think I can trick it but faking out the ISO.  I think they are tougher than you think... As long as you aren't dropping it on cement, I think it should be just fine. ; ) Then again... That is what a camera strap is for.

Thank you! I am not a website designer so thank goodness for cargo collective. Hey Thanks! That is my friend that restores old cameras and inlays them with wood. He is making it big doing that! I think that actually might have been on a roll of Fujifilm Superia 400. 

Right? I love finding bargain cameras that people don't realize are a gem. It's been nice because I just carry it around in my purse and can access it easily... I have been taking less photos on my phone, and more on that lil thang.

I actually picked up a Ricoh AF-40 not too long ago either! I haven't tested it out yet though. The cool thing about that is it has the button on the bottom to release for a second shot, so you can do multiple exposures. I want to try that out on this camera! It might be a little tricky with everything being automatic, but I think I can trick it but faking out the ISO.  I think they are tougher than you think... As long as you aren't dropping it on cement, I think it should be just fine. ; ) Then again... That is what a camera strap is for.

That's pretty neat. I've seen cameras reskinned in all sorts of stuff but never really with a wooden inlay, except maybe a Fuji TX-1 with a wood grip.

You should get some good results with the AF-40, 38mm 2.8 is nice. I've never tried a double exposure before, so I'm pretty clueless there. I'd love to get a Ricoh Auto Half, little 1960s half-frame automatic spring-motor camera. I picked up a neck strap so breakage doesn't happen, but once I left it in a change room, so...

This isn't film talk, but I bought my bf a Fuji X100T for his birthday this month... that hurt my wallet a lot. I don't think he has a single clue that I actually bought it for him bc he only mentioned wanting it in passing. I'm really excited for him to open it up on his bday. That will make the sore wallet worth it.

Also bc I get to play with it lol.

I'm really excited because Target has reasonable priced Fujifilm polaroid film, PLUS I get my 15% off. I've had my fujifilm polaroid for two years and never got to shoot with it because of the price of film.

I want to grab a pack before my road trip this weekend and get back into the swing of things.

This isn't film talk, but I bought my bf a Fuji X100T for his birthday this month... that hurt my wallet a lot. I don't think he has a single clue that I actually bought it for him bc he only mentioned wanting it in passing. I'm really excited for him to open it up on his bday. That will make the sore wallet worth it.

SO JEALOUSSSSS!

will you be my girlfriend?

Well. I was pretty meh about this roll. I was shooting some Portra 400 and I much prefer Agfa (it has more cooler tones than Portra). And I really need to get my eyes checked. I missed some really good shots due to manual focus issues. Ugh. Here are a few. Nothing too exciting.

15544480287_a186dcb141_z.jpg

15544816520_6ac5d4ebf0_z.jpg

15731210952_4f962fe0b7_z.jpg

15109704874_bafec1cfb1_z.jpg

15109705374_d8a2b6a207_z.jpg

15729668665_d0e28f3edf_z.jpg

15543780479_aa7bc7230f_z.jpg

15544483907_38c4584b9b_z.jpgfav

ahhhh favorites. Specifically the beach.

I bought a Diana mini off of Goodwill and I thought it was working perfectly and so I had taken a roll of amazing shots, and when I developed it I found out the shutter was stuck and had a tiny pinhole and absolutely destroyed all my pictures. Then I fixed it and got some shots, then I took another amazing roll and found out the problem happened again and it ruined all the photos, I was so so sad. But here's some I kinda got: 

There are so many times when I've had the bulb setting on on my Diana F+ and didn't realize it only to have all of my pictures turn up blurry in my roll and I always personally feel like they come out looking shitty, but some people tend to enjoy them,

8ptDLUJ.jpg

but I think most film shots have their own character, regardless if they didn't come out the original way you intended. and some people go out of their way to buy or make pinhole cameras. You could actually work with that 'defect' and get some more awesome shots. I may be biased but I usually think film looks good anyway.  

That's pretty neat. I've seen cameras reskinned in all sorts of stuff but never really with a wooden inlay, except maybe a Fuji TX-1 with a wood grip.

You should get some good results with the AF-40, 38mm 2.8 is nice. I've never tried a double exposure before, so I'm pretty clueless there. I'd love to get a Ricoh Auto Half, little 1960s half-frame automatic spring-motor camera. I picked up a neck strap so breakage doesn't happen, but once I left it in a change room, so...

Ya! Check his stuff out HERE. It is pretty cool.

Double exposures are my favorite. <3 I need to do that more. Ahhh! I love little half frame cameras. I have wanted one for a long time. I love diptychs. In a change room? Like where you try on clothes?

You are seriously the best girlfriend.

I'm really excited because Target has reasonable priced Fujifilm polaroid film, PLUS I get my 15% off. I've had my fujifilm polaroid for two years and never got to shoot with it because of the price of film.

I want to grab a pack before my road trip this weekend and get back into the swing of things.

I had no idea Target had this! Makes me want to get a polaroid...

ahhhh favorites. Specifically the beach.

You are so very kind! Thank you!

There are so many times when I've had the bulb setting on on my Diana F+ and didn't realize it only to have all of my pictures turn up blurry in my roll and I always personally feel like they come out looking shitty, but some people tend to enjoy them,

8ptDLUJ.jpg

but I think most film shots have their own character, regardless if they didn't come out the original way you intended. and some people go out of their way to buy or make pinhole cameras. You could actually work with that 'defect' and get some more awesome shots. I may be biased but I usually think film looks good anyway.  

I love this. Could and should be album art.

Ya! Check his stuff out HERE. It is pretty cool.

Double exposures are my favorite. <3 I need to do that more. Ahhh! I love little half frame cameras. I have wanted one for a long time. I love diptychs. In a change room? Like where you try on clothes?

Yeah, where you try on clothes...haha, whoops.

Hey, I've stumbled upon your friend's site at some point before! Those wooden coverings look really nice.

Deafening, that shot reminds me of redscale film. I agree that it could be album art.