The White Album #A0000001 for sale anybody here super rich ?

Rubber Soul is way over rated...and the Who are a much better band said no one ever.

it is totally true, in terms of real music released the who is far better, hell even the kinks are better. the myth and and commercial appeal of the Beatles is what attracts people to that crap. That and you can listen to it and yr grandma wont get mad.

It's not truth, it's an opinion. Where's empirical evidence for any band being better than anyone else?

The Who and the Kinks are great bands, but they haven't had nearly the impact on music in as much as their innovations in playing, recording, and studio creativity as The Beatles. And on top of that, thousands of people picked up instruments as a direct influence of The Beatles.

The same can be said about a lot of the bands that are worshipped on this board. But wait, those bands are all tatted up so that makes them punk . . . never mind.

cache_3756275004.jpg?t=1359999958

And I said I'll listen to that stuff, but I even said

It also comes from recognizing that while early Beatles is good, it's still bubblegum pop nonsense, and it's rare I want to listen to that.

Implying that, hey, every now and then, I do listen to that, but in light doses. I dont' even like the TASTE of bubblegum. \

Also, seems like you're one of those who have that really narrow visions of "what punk is," so hey, bro, keep the punk police alive. Someone's gotta do it.

cache_3756275004.jpg?t=1359999958

And I said I'll listen to that stuff, but I even said

Implying that, hey, every now and then, I do listen to that, but in light doses. I dont' even like the TASTE of bubblegum. \

Also, seems like you're one of those who have that really narrow visions of "what punk is," so hey, bro, keep the punk police alive. Someone's gotta do it.

Hey Andrew, I was just making an honest observation about attitudes I've observed here. Not trying to be the punk police or even be critical of anything you were saying. I actually enjoy plenty of bubblegum myself. But thanks for the cute penguin.

yep, i know the words to bohemian rhapsody but nothing from hey jude

blame my parents they only owned the white album and were super into country twang as i was growing up hehe

Can't blame your parents at your age. You have a responsibility to understand certain things about life at this point. I think the significance of the Beatles is one.

My parents never introduced me to jazz. But, man, what an idiot I would be as an appreciator of music if I couldn't tell you anything about Sonny Rollins or Hank Mobley.

This is the lowest number of The Beatles white album, keep in mind The Beatles probably touched it, left skin flakes on it, farted around it, a true piece for any Beatles lover.

Bid on it HERE Starting Bid only $10,000

Keep in mind this isn't a real low numbered white album, this is only a test sleeve and most likely has never even been in the presence of any Beatle. Still cool but not my bag, baby.

Can't blame your parents at your age. You have a responsibility to understand certain things about life at this point. I think the significance of the Beatles is one.

My parents never introduced me to jazz. But, man, what an idiot I would be as an appreciator of music if I couldn't tell you anything about Sonny Rollins or Hank Mobley.

where in my posts have i said that i don't understand the significance of the beatles? that's not what i said at all. what an idiot i would be if i didn't understand how sgt pepper's fights with pet sounds as the "best" album of all time on people's lists. or that the butcher covers have a ridiculous place in history because of the controversy. i can go on. i am aware of the beatles. i just never got into them like most people have.

fucking assumptions, man. my parents never listened to the blues but i eat up any old school stuff from the 20s and 30s.

where in my posts have i said that i don't understand the significance of the beatles? that's not what i said at all. what an idiot i would be if i didn't understand how sgt pepper's fights with pet sounds as the "best" album of all time on people's lists. or that the butcher covers have a ridiculous place in history because of the controversy. i can go on. i am aware of the beatles. i just never got into them like most people have.

fucking assumptions, man. my parents never listened to the blues but i eat up any old school stuff from the 20s and 30s.

You're right, it was an assumption. Of course, though, you would never say you don't understand their significance because that would be foolish. Your posts said you don't care for The Beatles and never got into them. It's not a fallacy to assume that someone who dislikes them is also unaware of their brilliance. Because, in my experience, people who dislike The Beatles just base it on musical opinion rather than understanding the depth in which they wrote, recorded, produced and performed.

And you said you knew "nothing from hey jude."

You're right, it was an assumption. Of course, though, you would never say you don't understand their significance because that would be foolish. Your posts said you don't care for The Beatles and never got into them. It's not a fallacy to assume that someone who dislikes them is also unaware of their brilliance. Because, in my experience, people who dislike The Beatles just base it on musical opinion rather than understanding the depth in which they wrote, recorded, produced and performed.

And you said you knew "nothing from hey jude."

yep, don't know the words

and let me clarify, i've listened to several of their records. they just did nothing for me. i really don't know what to tell you. go rag on that other dude who said something about listening to something better and music has come so far or whatever

I have a girlfriend and a son. So, honestly, interacting with someone who I had/have absolutely no chance with is an appealing prospect in my life.

And you're a gal on the boards.

Now, if you just liked the Beatles. Go listen to Hey Jude. Seriously.

don't mind me, i was pretending like i was hot shit for a second.

okay so i'm on youtube right now, right? first comment:

"This song has no talent at all behind it. Pathetic band. No skills at all. When I listen to my Jonas Brothers albums, nothing else compares."

the reply:

"You little 5 year old. The Beatles were probably the biggest boy band ever. the jonas brothers lasted a few years and had few fans over the age of 13. The Beatles are still fucking awesome even though two are dead. Go sit in the corner and think about what you just said."

thoughts on them being called a boy band?

No one wants to do it, but I will...I think the early Beatles stuff is just as good as the drug-era stuff. You could even argue that it is because of that early material that their progression is such a large part of their mystique or whatever.

Edit: The Beatles were definitely a boy band, at least until the whole "bigger than Jesus" thing.