PO: Grails - Black Tar Prophecies Vol's 4, 5, & 6

http://shop.temporaryresidence.com/trr187

trr187-233x233.jpeg

PRE-ORDER: THIS ITEM WILL SHIP ON OR AROUND SEPTEMBER 23!!

Black Tar Prophecies Vol's 4, 5 & 6 collects the last three volumes in the Black Tar series, originally released as a limited-edition 12", and a split LP with Finish psych-rock phenoms, Pharaoh Overlord. Exclusive to this collection is Volume 6, three previously unreleased tracks that run the gamut from found-sound collage to moody, piano-driven soundtracks to obscure erotic horror films that never existed (but should have). Available on triple-gatefold CD Digipak or Deluxe Gatefold 2xLP, the vinyl features four mind-blowing laser etchings – one on each side of the record, beginning where the grooves of the music end.

LIMITED EDITION COLORED VINYL VARIANT AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST: DARK RED* (SIDE A/B) & OPAQUE YELLOW (SIDE C/D) Limited to 500

*email has hot pink listed for side A/B

TRACK LISTING
1. I Want A New Drug
2. Self-Hypnosis
3. Invitation To Ruin
4. Wake Up Drill II
5. Up All Night
6. Pale Purple Blues
7. Chariots
8. New Drug II
9. A Mansion Has Many Rooms
10. Corridors Of Power II
11. Ice Station Zebra
12. Penalty Box

http://shop.temporaryresidence.com/trr187

Kind of wish I hadn't bought vol 4 now. Ah well, the etching sounds like a neat idea and you can't go wrong with Grails.

Well that's silly.  Because I snagged one earlier this afternoon.

Did you get volume 4?  I'm going to grab this due to the fact that I love Grails and I'm missing these volumes.  I hope the colored ones are still around come Monday, but I'm getting it either way.  Also reminds me that I'm still missing Take Refuge in Clean Living too.

Did you get volume 4?  I'm going to grab this due to the fact that I love Grails and I'm missing these volumes.  I hope the colored ones are still around come Monday, but I'm getting it either way.  Also reminds me that I'm still missing Take Refuge in Clean Living too.

I didn't hop on Volume 4, personally, so this just makes sense.  Grails have only gotten better with each release, in my humble opinion, so I'm expecting pretty great things from this release.  Like Archi said, they really can't do wrong in my books.  And unless I'm misinterpreting the sales page, it looks like there are well over 400 colored copies in stock.  You should be good.

I didn't hop on Volume 4, personally, so this just makes sense.  Grails have only gotten better with each release, in my humble opinion, so I'm expecting pretty great things from this release.  Like Archi said, they really can't do wrong in my books.  And unless I'm misinterpreting the sales page, it looks like there are well over 400 colored copies in stock.  You should be good.

Ah, I misread your post!  I thought you meant you picked up one of the releases this contains earlier today.  Guess that's what happens when I try to function right after waking up!  :)

I agree with you, they keep getting better.  Has anyone checked out Lilacs & Champagne?  I keep forgetting to look into them.

I will forever love this band. That said, I'll probably never see them live.

I made a huge mistake and missed the last hometown show they played. I got to see Eluvium instead but I should have skipped EITS and seen them.

Ah, I misread your post!  I thought you meant you picked up one of the releases this contains earlier today.  Guess that's what happens when I try to function right after waking up!  :)

I agree with you, they keep getting better.  Has anyone checked out Lilacs & Champagne?  I keep forgetting to look into them.

Lilacs remind me of the later incarnations of BTP and Holy Sons. 70s French cinema soundtracks :) Way too cool for the human race. 

Keep an eye out on their FB page. They recently sold some test presses through there. I managed to score Burden, BTP I-III and Impurities. Alex and Emil even signed them for me. Nice.

Grails - 2013 Tour Dates

9/10 Nashville, TN @ The End *

9/11 Atlanta, GA @ The Earl *

9/12 Chapel Hill, NC @ Local 506 *

9/13 Baltimore, MD @ Metro Gallery *

9/14 Philadelphia, PA @ Boot & Saddle *

9/15 Brooklyn, NY @ Saint Vitus *

9/16 Allston, MA @ Great Scott *

9/17 Montreal, QC @ Il Motore *

9/18 Toronto, ON @ The Drake Hotel *

9/19 Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick Lounge *

9/20 Chicago, IL @ Beat Kitchen *