Can we talk about Mogwai?

Regarding the remix albums: I generally don't even bother with them. Would you guys recommend Wrenched? I quite enjoy HWNDBYW, for what that's worth.

It's been a while since I've listened to it, but I remember enjoying most of it.  I'd say check it out.  I can send you my download code if you want.  I'm fairly certain I didn't use it.

Lots of chatter, lately, about a new album in the works.  Apparently they've already got a rough mix recorded.  If they can squeeze it out before 2013 wraps up, I think it'd confirm this year as the best year for new releases.  At least for me, personally.  Haters be damned; I really enjoyed their last full length.

Lots of chatter, lately, about a new album in the works.  Apparently they've already got a rough mix recorded.  If they can squeeze it out before 2013 wraps up, I think it'd confirm this year as the best year for new releases.  At least for me, personally.  Haters be damned; I really enjoyed their last full length.

I liked Hardcore Will Never Die a lot.  The band went in an interesting direction and I thought they did it very well.  Mogwai + kraut rock = good album.  The photo set they used for that album is incredible too.  I can't remember the artists name, but there are more shots on his website.

I'd say 2013 is a fantastic year for new albums already (and there are a handful of albums that haven't even been released that should add to it), but a new Mogwai album would be icing on the cake.  If not, it would be a killer way to start off 2014.

I can't wait for the new album. I enjoyed Les Revenants a lot more than Hardcore... but I love every album Mogwai has released. I still prefer everything up to Happy Songs the most, mostly because the production on the last few releases sounds really weird to me. The drums especially. Also not a fan of Mexican Grand Prix at all. It's probably the only Mogwai song I dislike.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NORTH AMERICAN TOUR: Following the announcement of their new studio album 'Rave Tapes' and the preview track 'Remurdered' last week (which you can hear via the link below), Mogwai have announced an extensive North American tour for April/May 2014. 

Tour dates are listed below, on-sale details and ticket links to follow:

April

21 April - Sunshine Theatre, Albuquerque, NM

22 April - Tricky Falls, El Paso, TX

23 April - Granada Theater, Dallas, TX

24 April - Emo's, Austin, TX

25 April - Fitzgerald's, Houston, TX

26 April - Varsity Theatre, Baton Rouge, LA

27 April - Civic Theatre New Orleans, LA

29 April - Grand Central, Miami, FL

30 April - The Ritz Ybor, Tampa, FL

May

1 May - The Beacham Theatre, Orlando FL

3 May - Exit In, Nashville TN

6 May - Amos' Southend, Charlotte NC

7 May - 9:30 Club, Washington, DC

8 May - Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA

9 May - Terminal 5, New York, NY

10 May - House of Blues, Boston, MA

11 May - Metropolis, Montreal, QC

13 May - Danforth Music Hall, Toronto, ON

14 May - House of Blues, Cleveland, OH

15 May - St. Andrews Hall, Detroit, MI

16 May - The Vic Theatre. Chicago, IL

17 May - Wooly's, Des Moines, IA

18 May - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

20 May - Ogden Theatre, Denver, CO

21 May - The Depot, Salt Lake City, UT

24 May - Roseland Theatre, Portland, OR

25 May - Vogue Theatre Vancouver, BC

I'm super excited to see these guys again!

I want to see them again more than anything. Stoked for the Portland date and hoping for a Seattle one so I can make the drive up as well. My brother missed them the last two times they came so I am glad he will now get to experience the amazingness.

I'm glad they are coming in May. That will give me time to fully digest the new album.

• 1 month later...

Just started listening to Mogwai this year. Such a good band. Rock Action has got to be my favorite album by them.

Their new stuff sounds promising too!

Always good to see people getting into them.  After you've exhausted their studio catalogue, there are plenty of EPs and singles to dig through.  There definitely isn't a shortage of Mogwai material.