Choosing a turntable

I'm upgrading my turntable and I've narrowed it down to two in my price range. I just have a couple questions. It's between:

Audio-Technica AT-LP120

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT-LP120-USB-Direct-Drive-Professional-Turntable/dp/B002S1CJ2Q

or

Pro-Ject Debut III

http://www.amazon.com/PRO-JECT-DEBUT-MATTE-BLACK-TURNTABLE/dp/B000CDHQK2/ref=pd_cp_e_3

Is the Debut worth the extra 60 bucks? Is there a big noticeable difference between the two? If so please explain. I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

Well guys in the end I chose white. Can't really go wrong with black or white in my opinion. I definitely didn't want red (the walls in the room I'm putting it in are bright green so it'd feel like Christmas year round haha). Didn't want green cause it just felt like too much. I almost got blue but I have nothing blue in the room to match it, except my ugly light blue carpet that's from the 80's. It was between yellow and white for me, I have this TSSF band flag above my setup that has a grey background and their logo is bright yellow and really stands out, I thought it would look good. But yeah, I got white. I'm just too safe I guess haha but it does look really nice still. It matches my white Fender Strat I have hanging up on the wall next to it.

I probably thought way too long and hard about this, oh well.

Well guys in the end I chose white. Can't really go wrong with black or white in my opinion. I definitely didn't want red (the walls in the room I'm putting it in are bright green so it'd feel like Christmas year round haha). Didn't want green cause it just felt like too much. I almost got blue but I have nothing blue in the room to match it, except my ugly light blue carpet that's from the 80's. It was between yellow and white for me, I have this TSSF band flag above my setup that has a grey background and their logo is bright yellow and really stands out, I thought it would look good. But yeah, I got white. I'm just too safe I guess haha but it does look really nice still. It matches my white Fender Strat I have hanging up on the wall next to it.

I probably thought way too long and hard about this, oh well.

Congrats man. Be sure to post a picture of it when it comes in.

Congrats man. Be sure to post a picture of it when it comes in.

I definitely will! :)

White with an acrylic platter looks gorgeous.

I didn't really think about that until now! Makes me even more excited to upgrade. That won't be for awhile, but while we're on the subject, does anyone have a link to an affordably priced acrylic platter for this?

^ thanks for the info!

I really want to do what this guy did, I'm not sure how difficult it would be honestly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UfVnzjcyEs

White Carbon with an acrylic platter and LED lights beneath it. Looks awesome.

I'm definitely doing this. 

I'll have to figure out a way to rig this with Christmas lights because I'm weird like that.

^ I might have to do that haha, sounds too cool.

Just got home from work and there was a package waiting for me :)

I must be tired because the directions are making no sense...probably that and the fact this is my first turntable I've had to actually set up.

Any tips?  :unsure:

The videos were so much better. The directions were not the clearest. I love my Debut-Carbon thus far and am happy I spent the money on such a good starter turntable.

^ thanks for the info!

I really want to do what this guy did, I'm not sure how difficult it would be honestly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UfVnzjcyEs

White Carbon with an acrylic platter and LED lights beneath it. Looks awesome.

This looks pretty damn awesome, but I'd have no idea where to even start other than he says in the comments that he used 5mm LED lights.

I'm definitely doing this. 

I'll have to figure out a way to rig this with Christmas lights because I'm weird like that.

I was going to do the same hahaha. I have some Christmas lights that would look really cool. Let me know if you ever manage to do it!

The videos were so much better. The directions were not the clearest. I love my Debut-Carbon thus far and am happy I spent the money on such a good starter turntable.

This looks pretty damn awesome, but I'd have no idea where to even start other than he says in the comments that he used 5mm LED lights.

Yeah, the directions were pretty crappy. Got it all set up though and its amazing, I'm extremely happy I spent the money as well.

Me either! Haha. Someone on the boards should do it and make us a tutorial :P