New NYC Record Store- Vinyl Collective Only Pre-Opening Sale

I'd love to see pics if anyone is stopping by. What kind of selections? What did ya buy?

a 2 dollar mint Paul Simon LP.

a 13 dollar sealed double Tool Undertow repress

a 15 dollar Hellacopters - By the Grace of God  (the lp averages for like 50.00 on discogs)

and everyone there was super cool.

Picked up Beastie Boys Hello Nasty 2xLP. And yeah like PunkGuy said really nice dudes. I think they may have put up a pic of me and my wife somewhere.

Don't know where that is.  Might have gone to instagram?  The other owners took it and bounced.  Next time I see them I'll find out.

Big Big thanks to everyone who showed up.  It's really a used collector's store at the moment- which is still cool because that's nowhere around here- but it's going to grow and evolve.  There's about 15-20% of our total inventory that's in the store.  A lot that still needs to be priced and put out, and more bins are still being built.   Plus we haven't even gotten to new vinyl yet but that's coming.

Why is your store showing up on my feed on Facebook? How much did you pay to advertize.

Also, trade me that Ben Kweller LP on your wall.

Yeah...Sorry if that's annoying, I'm pretty new to the whole social networking thing.  I paid an initial $15 out to try to get people in the door.  Throwin pasta on a wall, etc.

But really, trade me your Ben Kweller record. I'll give you guys some more stock.

Sorry homie...Some kid came in the other day and demanded it off my wall.

And Dan's the man!  Good that someone appreciates those imports.  If we can offer them cheaply and just have them around for people who actually want them...Why the hell not right?  Some decent alternatives instead of spending hundreds of dollars on an original if you don't have that scratch.

Sorry homie...Some kid came in the other day and demanded it off my wall.

And Dan's the man!  Good that someone appreciates those imports.  If we can offer them cheaply and just have them around for people who actually want them...Why the hell not right?  Some decent alternatives instead of spending hundreds of dollars on an original if you don't have that scratch.

blasting my aenima boot as i write this, pretty psyched on it.

• 3 months later...

Was just visiting NYC for the holidays and stopped by here.

Travis is, simply put, the man. His store is set up wonderfully (with a customer bathroom to boot!) and he has a KEGERATOR in the store. Had some nice rarities and found a handful of decent condition gems in the 3-5 dollar bins. Prices were solid.

Got

Bruce Springsteen - The River

Twin Shadow - Forget

Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door

Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle

For $28

Not bad at all. I highly recommend going if you're in the area.