Any bike enthusiasts here?

51XH4MslwRL._SY355_.jpg

I apparently am a elderly person.

I bought a trike, and I love it.  Went out for the first time today for a couple of short rides.  I have terrible balance and I like riding casually so when I'd try and ride a bike I'd end up falling a ton or having to keep all my attention on the road.  I also could never ride carrying anything or I'd totally lose my balance.  Now I can go pick up groceries and cruise around and have a good time.  I went out for a 40 minute ride and only got 4.5 miles down but hell it's a start.

I totally want to make a canopy for it, or buy one of the ones made for another trike and mod it to fit.  Just ordered a water bottle rack and phone holder, and a pair of pedals with straps.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a 2015 Trek 7.2FX Disc.  It's my first foray into bikes outside of cheapie department store brands.  I'm loving it so far.

When I was shopping, I was torn between that and a beautiful carbon framed Specialized hybrid that I could lift with my pinkie finger.  But the sticker shock scared me away from that.  

Removed the back brakes, installed new levers for the front brakes, replaced the drops with bullhorn bars, and wrapped new tape on me and the lady's bikes. Yeah, they match, cause we're awesome like that. Except she has a tiger bell cause she's more badass than I am. We go on weekend bike rides to various record shops, stop by a local bar for happy hour, then ride home and spin our haul.

Hers: 54

His: 58

5FQwzGX.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a 2015 Trek 7.2FX Disc.  It's my first foray into bikes outside of cheapie department store brands.  I'm loving it so far.

When I was shopping, I was torn between that and a beautiful carbon framed Specialized hybrid that I could lift with my pinkie finger.  But the sticker shock scared me away from that.  

I believe this is similar to what I was looking at when I bought mine except without the disc brakes. Ended up going with the Specialized Sirrus hybrid because the shop offers free tuneups for life.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys/gals,

So I have a question for those in the know about bikes.

I decided to go back to university in the fall and have moved within 3-4 km of the school. I've decided it's worth my while to invest in a bike.

So I've been looking around and a friend of a friend said he was selling a KHS ultra sport 3.0

I did some research and it seems like a decent bike. But I discovered it's a females bike?

I'm a male. So I guess my question is;

Does it matter? Like I dont really care about social norms and it's not as though it screams "girly".

It's a really good deal for the bike it is, so I'm hoping its not a big deal. But I know nothing about bikes.

Edit:

It's a 2013 or 2014 model, can't remember.

But if you wanna take a look its one of those. Aesthetically it looks the same as a men's bike to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the only difference is the color and the ladies only come in size 17. How tall are you? Did you ride it?

The problem was the guy lived far away and my brother was going to grab it.

But he ended up selling it to someone else anyway.

So i am still looking for a nice hybrid bike second hand.

Suggestions on brands?