PO- Death Grips- No Love Deep Web on Amazon

You guys do know that the vinyl is just the 320kbps mp3s pressed to wax, right?

If you're on What.cd, go look at the vinyl rip of the album. There's a frequency cut out below 22kHz, meaning that NLDW is definitely lossy sourced. Here are the spectrals:

No Love Deep Web

wF9yhUs.png

compared to The Money Store

HDErw4x.jpg

Why would Death Grips press their 320kbps mp3's onto vinyl rather than use their lossless masters?

You guys do know that the vinyl is just the 320kbps mp3s pressed to wax, right?

If you're on What.cd, go look at the vinyl rip of the album. There's a frequency cut out below 22kHz, meaning that NLDW is definitely lossy sourced. Here are the spectrals:

No Love Deep Web

wF9yhUs.png

compared to The Money Store

HDErw4x.jpg

Why would Death Grips press their 320kbps mp3's onto vinyl rather than use their lossless masters?

The spectral looks too clean to be from a needledrop... Looks more like a spectral of a 320kbps mp3 itself.

It is very possible that there is a bootleg out there which was sourced from mp3, but if this official release is as well, that is extremely upsetting...

I'm confused... so the 'editorial review' on amazon says that this is limited to 1000 copies, but now Harvest have reported that the vinyl will be getting a wide release in stores at later date.

so is just the pre-order limited to 1000, or is that all that will be pressed? is this worth buying a second copy for future value or what?

Guest realtalk

Orders are back up, just so people know.

amazon looks sold out again.

If my order goes through ok i can offer one to a nice and cool person here... so the majority of you!  :D

Guest realtalk

I'm just doing my best to not think about it. Discovering new music is the best way possible.

Always doing that... ear to the ground!!

Still wondering if its really /1000 and if places other than amazon will be getting...