Ever have a lucky day?

Earlier this year I sold a fellow VC member a first press copy of HRVRD - the inevitable and I for $70, he was super excited I sold it to him that he decided to sell me his extra first press copy of Deja Entendu (some minor creases and ring wear) for $85 so I pretty much just payed him back the $75 + $15. So technically I got it for $15 shipped.

Oh and last year at Amoeba Hollywood I found a copy of Jacks Mannequin - Everything In Transit (First Press) for $25 in the new arrivals section.

i finally got around to picking up You Blew It's lp from them at the Fest in Gainesville last weekend.  The merch girl asked if I wanted maroon or black and i said maroon.  Later that night I opened it and not only was it a black copy, but it was the /30 "Punk is Dead, I Got a Job" variant they had on tour with them over the summer.  Total score.

The EXACT same thing happened to me.

After 10 years of waiting to buy a Surf Nazis Must Die-Anti Everything 7"at a reasonable price(they go for $40-$60), found 2 copies within a week for $5 each in the used bin. Both were different versions, different covers, inserts, both had the "How to fuck this record" insert. This was the first:

10747141713_8ee469b903_n.jpg

Then a few days later I found a copy (called the "Sieg Hiel, Count XLarsX edition") that's numbered, screen printed front and back and limited to 100(though this one is blank where there is supposed to be a #. Says "No. ___ of 100 copies ARSCHLOCH!!" This version is hard to find with all the stuff included(patch,pin) but it had everything. Didn't look like anyone had played it or taken it out of the sleeve. I told the owner what its worth and that I'd pay more, but he declined:

10746828565_089efa5f87_n.jpg

Ten years of searching leads to one magical week.

I had no idea these records were worth that much. I have the top one, is the bottom one a tour press or something?