Ever have a lucky day?

I'd been looking for a copy of Cities for a while. I see one on 39.99 on eBay and I think that's far cheaper than what I usually see, and almost pounce on it, but I decide to hold off. Then I finally decide to go buy it four days later, see it's now at 29.99, and without thinking jump on it.

Onetime I went to Philly and spent a long time during the car-ride talking about the first Scream LP. I had been looking for it for awhile and really wanted to buy one. We get to South Street and the first record store we go onto has it on the wall. Not only that, it was reasonably priced. After I bought it I pulled out the insert and record in the car and found a bunch of ads and old flyers that the original owner must have stuffed in there. It was pretty cool.

Repo records?

The local shop knows of my love for pop-punk and the like, so rather than go through the trouble of pricing out something like 35 7-inches and a couple LPs and 10-inches, he sells me the whole thing for $50. In it:

The Lookouts' One Planet, One People.

Tsunami Bomb / Plinky B-Movie Queens split

Detroit Cobras' first single

Descendents' Fat EP on mini-CD

And the entire Automatics discography, a bunch of Teen Idols stuff ... I sold the Tsunami Bomb, Detroit Cobras, and Descendents, and made $150 in profit, PLUS kept everything else.

3 years ago when I first started collecting I walked into a hot topic and found 808s & Heartbreaks for like $17. About a year later I found the Underoath Lost in the Sound of Separation Deluxe Box for $25 and just 3 months ago I walked into a store in Dallas and found 4 copies of the Mondo Drive soundtrack, bought all 4 copies and they all turned out to be pink.

My friend sent me a message telling me to be home at a specific time the next day so I could sign for something. Next day I sign for a package like "The fuck could this be?" and then when I opened it it was Explosions in the Sky - How Strange Innocence.

I saw Islands - Return to the Sea at a shop for $10 and figured "what the hell, why not?" and then found out it's somewhat rare and usually goes for $30-50. Doesn't really compare to the first story, but it's all I've got.

I saw Strike Anywhere at the 7th St. Entry in MPLS sometime in '01, just went to the merch table to buy a zip up hoodie, a few stickers and buttons, and the dude handed me a test press copy of 'Change Is A Sound'.  Blew me away.  Then I got to watch these guys play along with Trial By Fire.  Great night.

I scored:

Pink Floyd - Meddle

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma

The Doors - LA Woman

Jimmy Hendrix - Bold As Love

and Black Sabbath - Paranoid

for a grand total of 40 CENTS at my local record store.They were in the Moldy Oldies bin but they cleaned up like new.

That Sabbath record is a ripper.

i was given a first press of tell all your friends for free. i'm still puzzled by that one

it's in northampton, ma. there's been a used shop there for years, and a newbury comics went in literally across the street a few years ago.

Is said shop in Northampton worthy checking out? What is it? I live in Worcester, not too far, and my brother is in Amherst right now for school so I'll send him there if I have to!

3 items to contribute.

1 - Bought a bundle of Thursday records from ebay for $80...shipped. What was included?

*War All the Time (1st press)

*Full Collapse (purple)

*Thursday/Envy split

*Five Stories Falling

*Thrice/Thursday split

*Thursday 5-4-3-2-1 single (both colors)

&&&&&&&

*Just a Doves 10"

2 - I guess the night I was online & the Crosses EP went up for sale on it's own for $15 and I snagged one I was pretty lucky.

3 - Last Sunday I saw Muse. And for those that follow Muse & their setlists know they don't stray too much from standard setlists, so there are lots of "rare" songs, especially B-sides. My favorite Muse song is Fury, a b-side they've only played in America ONCE, and that was in 2004. Well, I got to hear the 2nd performance in America last Sunday in Pittsburgh. They called out a fan who was at her 100th show apparently & always brought a sign requesting that song. So they played it for her. I almost shit myself. And I got to hear Agitated that same show. 2 B-SIDES IN ONE SHOW.

I bid $15 for Infinity On High by Fall Out Boy. I ended up being the only bid and was shocked since it usually goes for like 40. I thought that was pretty lucky. I've also found Pretty. Odd. by Panic and TBS - Louder Now for $20 each sealed in the past couple months at record stores. Nothing too exciting but I was happy about them