PO Lamb Of God - As the Palaces Burn

piky0032

Was just checking amazon.ca to see if they had a pre-order and noticed the box set is only $72.69. I already have it but that's an awesome price for someone. Looks like they have two, extra shipping to the US but I don't think it's that much.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003G7162U

Sorry to go off topic. I am actually considering getting this reissue. I'll probably wait for an amazon pre-order though in case I change my mind.

EDIT: looks like shipping to the US is almost $15 for the box set. I still recommend grabbing one if you don't have it but it's likely that people coming into this thread already have the box set.

Was just checking amazon.ca to see if they had a pre-order and noticed the box set is only $72.69. I already have it but that's an awesome price for someone. Looks like they have two, extra shipping to the US but I don't think it's that much.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003G7162U

Sorry to go off topic. I am actually considering getting this reissue. I'll probably wait for an amazon pre-order though in case I change my mind.

EDIT: looks like shipping to the US is almost $15 for the box set. I still recommend grabbing one if you don't have it but it's likely that people coming into this thread already have the box set.

If I didn't already have this, I would be all over it at this price. Popmarket had it not to long ago and wanted $120 if I remember right.

• 1 month later...

Have yet to grab any vinyl, grabbed the CD from Best Buy though.  Have yet to give it a whirl.  I'm such an old man in hating anything that changes from when I was just a lad, but I think I'm gonna enjoy the new modern tip top sound. 

I wonder how much of this they'll be playing on their current tour to promote it.  Anybody else ever catch these guys live?  Some of the most fun, aggressive energy I've heard translated to live sound, Randy Blythe is the freakin man.  Highly recommended to catch a show if you haven't yet. 

I don't have a favorite album, each one has it's shining moments.  I'll give a passive vote to Ashes Of The Wake, as it was the first album that got me into the band, specifically the jam Laid To Rest.  But man, do they set Wrath off right.  Redneck, Vigil, Black Label, Subtle Arts Of Murder & Persuasion, just a few of a ton of gems.

The documentary to coincide with the rerelease is available for streaming: http://lamb-of-god.artist.qello.com/?feature=Artist&subid=Qello&postback=LambofGod

Wow.. what a record. Definitely shaped my early teenage years and would influence my musical interests to come.  Really interesting to hear what the band and Devin had to say about the process and how pleased they are to give it some fresh energy.

These guys packed a 4,500 capacity venue on a Monday night in the Twin Cities in Minnesota and destroyed the place tonight.  So much fun.  Weren't selling the new Palaces vinyl though, or even the CD.  Doesn't make much sense.  But, to reiterate, if they're passing through your town, and you're even slightly a Lamb Of God fan, whether you're a live music kinda person or not, check 'em out.  Well worth your time & $.

I saw LOG as an opener back in 2001 (Dimmu, The Haunted and Cannibal Corpse were the headliners) during the New American Gospel tour and didn't care for them at all (mostly because my friends and I were laughing at Randy's fake machine gun shooting stage antics). A few years later, I heard some tracks from As the Palaces Burn and I was really impressed by how far they had come along as a band. I ended up seeing them again with Killswitch and Shadows Fall and they completely destroyed the place. Although they're not my cup of tea anymore, Palaces, NAG and BTP are all really good albums.