Eels - Blinking Lights & Other Revelations Vinyl Box Set

pamfletty

OOOOOOH YEAH!!

From The Eels facebook:

"We've also discovered a secret stash of the limited edition deluxe, signed BLINKING LIGHTS AND OTHER REVELATIONS 4 disc vinyl box sets! They're unopened and in close-to-perfect condition, and we need to move them out to make room for new stuff - so we're selling these beauties for only $99 (84.99gbp)! The fourth disc is an exclusive 17 track live album, MANCHESTER 2005, all 4 discs are pressed on 180 gram vinyl with their own covers, accompanied by a hardback book of lyrics and photos, all housed in a beautifully crafted box that is numbered and signed by the author himself, EELS leader E. The ultimate collector's item! Order at http://eelstheband.com/stores.php"

boxset.jpg

I put this in my cart and was contemplating my purchase. Had all my info in and pressed "save and continue" after putting in my credit card info thinking it would take me to one last page where I would confirm my order, turns out that's what the "save and continue button" does. 

Looks like I bought it! I'm happy though. Thanks for the heads up!

Beyond the beauty of this album, the one thing I really like about the Eels that they haven't ventured into repressing albums.  They have a massive catalogue and yet they haven't once sold the farm for a repress.  I'm sure it's inevitable, but as a vinyl enthusiast, it's nice to see a band continue to make music and not repress stuff from the past....just sayin!

Just got this email (from the UK store):

"After the first lot sold out in a matter of days, we have been informed that a fresh shipment of the Eels "Blinking Lights" Boxsets will be landing with us soon... and you can order yours today!

Much like the previous ones, these do have some slight damage, but with over £50 off the retail price, this is still a fantastc offer for all Eels fans!

There's also other merch available fresh from their recent tour if you didn't manage to pick something up at the gig."

http://the-eels.mamstore.co.uk/