3. Just Be Simple
4. Almost Was Good Enough
5. The Old Black Hen
6. Peoria Lunch Box Blues
7. John Henry Split My Heart
8. Hold On Magnolia

LP 2
1. Farewell Transmission (Demo)
2. I’ve Been Riding With the Ghost (Demo)
3. Just Be Simple (Demo)
4. The Old Black Hen (Demo)
5. Peoria Lunch Box Blues (Demo)
6. John Henry Split My Heart (Demo)
7. Hold On Magnolia (Demo)
8. The Big Game Is Every Night (Demo)
9. Whip Poor Will (Demo)

10″
Side A – The Big Game Is Every Night
Side B – Whip Poor Will

http://www.scdistribution.com/songsohia/

the 2nd LP has all the demo tracks from the original limited edition 2CD - it's just Molina and a guitar, and they are beautiful. the 10" has a track from the Japanese release, not sure where this version of "Whip Poor Will" is from.

this is a must-grip for me, one of my favorite albums ever. also, all these 10th/15th/20th anniversary releases of shit i listened to as a kid are making me feel oooooold.

This is quite possibly my favorite album of all time (hence my avatar) so I will definitely be picking this up, just debating between the bundle with the t-shirt or the vinyl alone.

My understanding is the studio version of "Whip Poor Will" is from the original album recording sessions and has never been released before now. From the one sheet

The full-band studio outtake of fan favorite "Whip Poor Will" is a sweet and spare version that ended up being played far differently on Magnolia Electric Co.'s final album Josephine (2009).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got to spend some time with this last night and Secretly Canadian nailed it. The records sounds perfect, the printed inners and 10" jacket are lovely, and the Schaff artwork just looks that much more awesome all big and bold on the gatefold. I don't think anyone who's on this forum and likes this album would really be waffling on whether or not to buy this, but if you are.... yeah, do it.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Didn't know where else to post this: a user on the official board has passed along word that some sort of Newbury Comics limited pressing of a S:O record will be coming soon. I am sort of assuming it's going to be this LP, but who knows?

http://www.magnoliaelectricco.com/bb/index.php?topic=752.msg4183#msg4183