The Jesus and Mary Chain 11LP Box Set

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is down to 114GBP on amazon.co.uk.. So don't sleep on this.

I've now talked myself into buying this. $210.99 on myplaydirect.com is the cheapest price I can find right now. However they want $45 for shipping. Does anyone know of any current valid coupon codes?

Kicking myself for not making the decision last month when Amazon.co.uk was @ 114 GBP.

• 1 month later...

just a heads up, but i pulled the trigger on this last night. turns out amoeba has it on their site for $249.99 w/ free shipping. couple that with the 20% code they are offering for january and i was able to get it out the door for $212.48ppd. seems like that may be the best deal around for american buyers. it is still up on the site, so you may wanna give it a try yourself.

http://www.amoeba.com/the-complete-vinyl-collection-lp-the-jesus-and-mary-chain/albums/3066113/

It's currently 133 pounds on amazon.co.uk but when you add it to your cart and check out it comes to 114 pounds shipped (standard shipping) to the U.S. With the conversion that's roughly $189.

I'm guessing the UK VAT is being subtracted. Either way it's the cheapest I've found to get it to the US.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=is_box_music?k=jesus+And+Mary+Chain+vinyl+collection

i got mine a couple days ago and it is far and away the best box set i have ever gotten. all the lps were pressed from the original tapes and sound fucking perfect. 180 gram vinyl with super legit reproductions of the original sleeves and inners. so many times i am let down by the quality of a product i pay good money for, but with this set i feel like the price i paid was a steal. do not sleep on this set.

it's an amazing set - comparable to the Suede set that came out last year, as well. my only grip was the shipping w/Amazon UK again. Just thrown in a box for overseas shipping with nothing more than some paper filling. The records are fine, but the outer box is a tad scuffed and the sides of the box started to have the paper peel and lift off the cardboard. 

I think some people had theirs arrive in shrinkwrap and there was none to be found on mine, so that could have been the problem.