Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

This may be horrible to say, but I hope the guy who is selling his for that much ends up having dinged corners or a seam split. Maybe that will force him to lower his price.

Why is that horrible? I hope Earache finds out who it is and cancels his order. 

That's pretty insane for something you don't even have yet.

Someone else has some copies up and they're listed at like $35 or so.

Fuck that guy.

That shit is the definition of a flipper. At least wait until you get the damn thing. I admit to buying doubles of some things for trade bait , but damn. I didn't get a green and I'm not really mad at the guy, though it is cheesy. He was faster than me and I lost. I move on. Still waiting on Dorthia's album to drop.

Only that one seems to be a tenner. A great deal, indeed.

Conincidentally it's the record that got me into both High on Fire and stoner music in general so I hold it in very high regard.

Wow do I have some catching up.  I jumped on this High on Fire...thanks for posting Captain and like you, this was the record that got me into this whole scene.

And Sleep Holy Mountain...I had so many problems snagging it with my phone yesterday.  By the time I got in I just went for black (that blue/orange was available at the time but just didn't click for me).

Well, from right to left those are Mondo Drag's self-titled, Grumbling Fur's Furrier and Wasted Heritage by The Roller.

That last one's an overlooked doom gem. I think the vocalist of Electric Citizen posted a photo of it on her account which spiked the interest. Looked it up, found a lot of praise but couldn't find anywhere to listen to it online so I went for the vinyl. Definitely worth checking out. There's some cheap copies available on Discogs still.

Ok Captain, just realized The Roller mention came from you too.  The dirt cheap Discogs deal arrived a few days ago and finally spun it today.  Very cool stuff.  Would love to see the Electric Citizen post about them if you still have it.  I searched but found nothing.

Yeah man, I did a lot of searching a while back but came up with nothing. I can't seem to locate that lady's account anymore either. I remember the context and everything, it being a gift and all. That Roller record is darn cheap on Discogs, indeed. Did you snag the last swamp green version? There was one for a good price but I looked recently and saw that it had been sold.

Good on you for getting that HOF. I passed as it would've still amounted to 34$ shipped over the ocean but Southern Lord just posted that they would have all the colours in their EU store as well. Which wax did you opt for?

Yeah man, I did a lot of searching a while back but came up with nothing. I can't seem to locate that lady's account anymore either. I remember the context and everything, it being a gift and all. That Roller record is darn cheap on Discogs, indeed. Did you snag the last swamp green version? There was one for a good price but I looked recently and saw that it had been sold.

Good on you for getting that HOF. I passed as it would've still amounted to 34$ shipped over the ocean but Southern Lord just posted that they would have all the colours in their EU store as well. Which wax did you opt for?

The Roller...Discogs...yep, I snagged last swamp green

HOF Art of Self Defense...black wax

Wow, that red looks better than I imagined. Liking the marble.

Just spun Wasted Heritage for the second time. Definitely an overlooked gem.

Seems they're playing together again, they'll be at this years SXSW. I don't think anyone on here is from Austin though? They've been hinting at some stuff happening soon on their FB page, perhaps we might even get another record, as well?

at $13.15 couldnt pass it up. went with clear. im not a fan of anything brown so went with clear. no band should ever use brown or anything close to it.

Haha, is that why you're planning to sell your Conan/Bongripper split? Got the brown LP didn't you?

More than a couple of times I've read people referencing largely low-end vibration-producing bands playing 'brown notes', as in, riffs that are so heavy and droney that they're deemed to cause involuntary defecation.