Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

This super limited shit is getting waaaay old. I stopped buying from Riding Easy altogether because of it. I like the way Bongripper does their pressing numbers. Press enough so that the popular choices arent gone in seconds, but press a low enough number to stay in demand and sell out. I refuse to pay exuberant prices for new releases because of the hype train.

Dang, bummer to hear that. Did you tell them that? Perhaps they'd be willing to reconsider

What were you looking to get?

I sent them a message after i added them to my cart and was like heycan you update shipping it looks like it stacked. I grabbed mana-yooh-sushai, stoner rock and beyond ancient space. It came out to like 35foe the records and 35 shipping. Dont think its in that realm to ship

This super limited shit is getting waaaay old. I stopped buying from Riding Easy altogether because of it. I like the way Bongripper does their pressing numbers. Press enough so that the popular choices arent gone in seconds, but press a low enough number to stay in demand and sell out. I refuse to pay exuberant prices for new releases because of the hype train.

I understand why people collect variants and stuff, i also dont understand it in the fact there is A TON out there i want to own. If i drop 100 dollars on a rare variant thats so many records i cant buy. If im willing to buy a release new its because inwant to own it for the music. Im not gonna say nah i dont want the new album x because its on black vinyl, ill wait till i find the color i want and pay whatever. I find myself rarely ever selling an album i bought new because i took that financial commitment and wanted to own it for having it on vinyl, not potential resale value or "i have something that most people dont have" The stuff i find cheap/used im more selling and i bought it because variant is not a care. It was a good price and i want it.

Back to our regularly scheduled stoner/doom talk:

Elder- Lore is up for presale for Euro folks at Stickman Records. It will be released in the U.S. by Armageddon. Supposedly no presale, but available on the 27th of Feb. For some reason I can't paste or link anything. Very excited for this.

They are doing a sort of east coast tour in early march. Hoping they will have it at merch table along with badass shirts. Been a while since i bought a band shirt.

I see too many variants as a disservice to the band. Let's say a label prints five variants for an album. There will be some consumers who just buy one or two, but there are those Pokémon collector types that will buy all five. That's great from the label's perspective as they are selling their product. I'd argue it's bad from the band's perspective as that's four other fans that don't get a copy of the album. It's more music to less people.

That said, if I ever get to release an album for someone, the first press will be on one color and all future presses will be on black. You get some collector nerd fun, it's easy to tell what press is what, and it's easier for all fans to get a copy. My two cents.

The new Elder is up for preorder at Armageddon Shop.

http://www.armageddonshop.com/search.php?artist=ELDER

Armageddon Shop does not accept PayPal. so you can order it from Deathwish for a $1 more.

http://store.deathwishinc.com/product/ARMAG009v.html