Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I've had the worst decision to make tonight... Uncle Acid and the Deadbeat 'Mind Control' or Sleep 'Dopesmoker'. Sleep is a bit cheaper, but man that Uncle Acid gets me every time.

Dopesmoker is perpetually being re-pressed, don't know about Uncle Acid. Hope that helps!

Yeah, seems like Uncle Acid more so puts out tons of variants, and presses a lot at one time, then chill on it. Probably harder to come by than Dopesmoker. I am glad you were unbiased there too! True G!

You made the choice I would have made were I you. Dopesmoker is incredible, but like I said, not going out of print any time soon. Uncle acid is your jam. Plus, Dopesmoker is a 68 minute long song, so if your going to listen to it, you really have to block out some time.

I've had the worst decision to make tonight... Uncle Acid and the Deadbeat 'Mind Control' or Sleep 'Dopesmoker'. Sleep is a bit cheaper, but man that Uncle Acid gets me every time.

I feel as if I'm the only one at the moment that just doesn't like Uncle Acid and all that occult/retro rock stuff like Satan's Satyrs, Salem's Pot etc. I totally get what they're doing but I can't really work out why it's suddenly such a big hit. 

I feel as if I'm the only one at the moment that just doesn't like Uncle Acid and all that occult/retro rock stuff like Satan's Satyrs, Salem's Pot etc. I totally get what they're doing but I can't really work out why it's suddenly such a big hit. 

I don't know man. I'm just hooked. I never heard from them anywhere online. It was my second day at work, and my manager was late so I had to pick the in store music. I was pretty played out on the Clutch and The Sword (even though  love those bands). When I saw Uncle Acid's 'Mind Control' I popped it in and loved everything about it. Then it closed out with Devil's Work, and I got reminded of The Devil's Rejects. It's a beautiful album with a great sound. Then I got Blood Lust, and it was consistently as good as Mind Control. Plus, the forum community is nuts, and I love them.

You made the choice I would have made were I you. Dopesmoker is incredible, but like I said, not going out of print any time soon. Uncle acid is your jam. Plus, Dopesmoker is a 68 minute long song, so if your going to listen to it, you really have to block out some time.

You were absolutely right. Went to get Mind Control and it wasn't there...of course! However, we did have Blood Lust, so I bought it, opened it, and it wad the variant I wanted!

10533290_301197700058971_1488813238_n.jp

Weird thing though, I was picking up some shirts at work that fell of the hanger, and behind them was two Blood Lusts, opened, and two Mind Control, also opened. Someone at work is variant hunting, and its fucking with my record buying. I am asking around to find out who did it, so I can buy Mind Control on orange tomorrow.