Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Nice!

On a separate note, I'm still waiting on my Druglord - Motherfucker Rising to come in the mail. Pretty bummed about that. Has anyone ever ordered from Last Anthem Records before?

Yeah, they sucked. I think the guy is disorganized. After a few weeks I wrote him and he said he mailed it. I asked him for a tracking number and he said you can't get it with media mail...? He asked me to check to see if it was at the post office(WTF) and then he finally sent it to me, for the first time probably. It took over a month. That's probably why it wasn't sold out.

They just responded and told me they sent this morning along with a free record for the wait.

Yeah, they sucked. I think the guy is disorganized. After a few weeks I wrote him and he said he mailed it. I asked him for a tracking number and he said you can't get it with media mail...? He asked me to check to see if it was at the post office(WTF) and then he finally sent it to me, for the first time probably. It took over a month. That's probably why it wasn't sold out.

Hrm. I haven't gotten that email yet. That's a real bummer. I wonder what the extra record he included for you was...

Hope theres no 7" releases from stb this year. Just cant get into them. But cause its stb ill probably pull the trigger

I like clear with orange splatter. In the end im a cheapskate and not so standard for me.

Wont lie i want this split more than goya/wg split

(There are 7" coming out from STB) or so I gathered from my last email with Steve.

it's a bummer because I'll be passing on them.

I'm probably just going to get the splatter, although, the die hard does look nice. I don't mind spending money on a 7" as long as the product is good. If they were a hardcore band who puts out 2 songs for a total of 3 minutes then that might be a different story.

I'm not crazy about this release, I'll probably end up passing on it. I love STB, but I'm not as crazy about the bluesier stuff he puts out. If I had some more spare cash lying around/my wife wasn't on me about buying so many records lately I'd probably snag it anyway.

This is why he needs a subscription! That way I would just throw down and get everything for a while.

Not sure if anyone has heard of Minsk, but if you have they are releasing a new album on April 7th. It's been a few years since they've released an album, but it's definitely a band some of you may dig. Sanford Parker plays in the band and is the man behind the scenes for their previous releases. 

http://thesoundofminsk.com/

http://minskband.bandcamp.com/album/with-echoes-in-the-movement-of-stone

I'm not crazy about this release, I'll probably end up passing on it. I love STB, but I'm not as crazy about the bluesier stuff he puts out. If I had some more spare cash lying around/my wife wasn't on me about buying so many records lately I'd probably snag it anyway.

This is why he needs a subscription! That way I would just throw down and get everything for a while.

I would definitely be down for a subscription series. At least then I would be guaranteed to get all of their releases because I've missed a few of the previous ones.