Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Yeah ithink it goes till the end of the month. I spent like 150 bucks on atih for like 8 or 9 records i really wanted and have been putting off. That site is my new home if i wanna take my pay check and light it on fire.

I also had 4 seperate orders show up with19 records in it. 11 of them are stoner or doom. Apparently that is all i buy anymore

You all get your goya/giant split?

Nope. Expected mine today. Also thought a bunch of other stuff would arrive today, but only got one album. At least it was the most expensive one I've ordered lately, I guess. Glad it made it here safely.

I just have absolutely no idea when that Salem's Pot record is going to get here and it kind of worries me. It was weeks between emails with those dudes, and they may be on tour at this point with Monolord. Plus, y'know. It's Salem's Pot. I figure they'll get stoned and forget.

also i dont know if any of you saw but clutch and mastodon are doing a co headlining tour this summer with graveyard opening. I honestly think im most excited to see graveyard because i havent seen them since 2009 when they opened for cky then played a second show later that night that they headlined.

Despite the fact that half the crowd will be frat boys and meatheads, I would go to see Big Business and Graveyard and I would probably stay to see Clutch, but I've already seen Mastodon at least 10-12 times and that was up to Blood Mountain. Not sure if I care to see them now.

Is big business on the whole tour? The pittsburgh date only listed graveyard. I am in the same boat for mastodon. Im in double digits and saw them only once for hunter and crack the skye respectably. Last time was right before the new album and they only played the single. They always throw in a few old "b sides" which i love but the meat heads you speak of all looked confused because they couldnt sing high road or whatever.

Edit: answered my own question. Big business is on the like first 10 dates and graveyard is on the rest. Also clutch is only headlining like 5 dates total and pittsburgh is one of them. Not sure why that is. I would hope they would both play equally long sets.

Pretty stoked for Clutch and Graveyard.  If Clutch plays before Mastodon, not sure I will even stick around for Mastodon.   Just didn't care for One More Round The Sun and Im guessing that will be most of their set list.  I enjoyed seeing them before Crack The Skye.  I loved the CTS album, but they started largely ignoring thier back catalogue when that album dropped. 

I don't remember getting a notification from ATIH. I do remember my orders showing up in a timely fashion.

Atih will update in the orders section when it ships but dont think there is tracking. From order to receiving i think it took like a week and a half.

Cool, thanks, dudes.Not having tracking/notification for Goya/Wounded Giant (which I know will be here either today or tomorrow because Steve rules), Druglord, and Salem's Pot has me jonesing for some fucking tracking! Plus I doubt I'll get tracking/notification on my Windhand pin. Woof.

Like I said before, the only one I'm really worried about is that Salem's Pot one. Shipping from Sweden from dudes who are probably on tour, and smoke a ton of weed, I have no idea when it will go out, how it will be packaged, or when it'll get here. ::sigh:: First world problems.

It sucks to be waiting for stuff and not know. Especially that sketchy stuff like your Salem's. I sometimes forget about stuff and it just shows up or I finally remember and go WTF?

I ordered a couple copies of the 45 that Ancient Warlocks had on their site and after two weeks wrote them. No response. Three weeks wrote them on FB and email and no response. Then I had to file a paypal claim and still no response, but go the refund. It made me not want to buy anything of theirs again. My buddy played a show with them and said they were cool, but damn that is some shitty way to treat a potential fan who will give you more money in the future.