Bumping items on Discogs daily

jipc

Hi

I'm guessing that there are a few members on here who sell records/CDs etc on Discogs, no? Well I do, I have a small inventory of about 80 records and I relist/bump those items most days, about 5 times a week. I want to sell these records so nothing wrong with that, right? I have some items in my wantlist that get sent to me everyday from the same seller (big stores with huge inventories) and it doesn't bother me.

Today I received a message from a user asking why I had to bump my inventory every day. He/she went out of his/her way to ask this. I mean, what the fucks it to you.

I was wondering and I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this and how often Discogs sellers on VC bump their items?

Thanks for reading!

I have used Discogs for like 4 years now and I did not know this was a thing until I started to revise some of my items for sale/that I also watch and they would show up in my emails, so then I knew about it. In the past though, when I would see the same items ALL THE TIME in emails i thought Discogs was just picking and choosing or either things were being bought/replaced.

But to answer OP though, I don't think it is a problem.

You are fine :) .

From "Jhulud" Official Moderator

-------------------------------------------->>>

"Bumping

If you absolutely must bump your topic, please ONLY do so after a period of 24 hours since your last bump was made. If you have new information to add, please add it at the time of a bump."

It annoys the shit out of me....

You are fine :) .

From "Jhulud" Official Moderator

-------------------------------------------->>>

"Bumping

If you absolutely must bump your topic, please ONLY do so after a period of 24 hours since your last bump was made. If you have new information to add, please add it at the time of a bump."

What he is talking about has nothing to do with this forum.

Haha my thoughts exactly! Instead I chose to edit the listing especially for my new admirer ;)

Thanks fellas. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

They may want the item still...just not at the price you have on it.  Especially if you are selling it from a different country the shipping may be higher than the record is even valued.

They may want the item still...just not at the price you have on it.  Especially if you are selling it from a different country the shipping may be higher than the record is even valued.

Sure. I can understand that. But the item is listed as "make offer", so why not make an offer instead of sending a pissed off message. I guess they might just be having a shit day. I can live with that.