Lullaby Versions of Songs You Like

I paid for song clearance for the Brand New tracks. It is a process that can take anywhere between 7-15 business days to go through. That's why I have 11/11 as the release date for "Your Favorite Lullabies." On the eleventh, that is when you will be able to download a 10-track Brand New album, and it will be legal. 

Depending on it's success (ie how many people are willing to pay for these), I will be able to put up more for download. 

Hopefully there are a number of dads/moms out there my age who will appreciate these enough to pay for them, therefore indirectly helping me send Sparrow to college in 18 years.

Thanks for the IG shout-out!

Here's some Halloween cheer for everyone - http://sparrowsleeps.bandcamp.com/album/from-here-to-the-nursery-lullaby-renditions-of-alkaline-trio-favorites

Oh, and I posted a Taking Back Sunday jam as well. Sparrow LOVES the TBS song. It's an instant sleep-inducer.

http://sparrowsleeps.bandcamp.com/track/great-romances-of-the-20th-century

Holy shit those ALk3 songs...

so goddamned good Casey!

edit: TBS: Tell All Your Friends (to go to sleep) - Lullaby renditions of Taking Back Sunday?

Quieter Now

And there are three from that one up now over at http://sparrowsleeps.bandcamp.com/album/quieter-now-an-album-of-taking-back-sunday-lullabies

Knocked out a couple of Alk3 lullabies this morning. It will be weird singing Sparrow to sleep with "I drink the day away as my liver's failing, but I don't give a fuck. Olde English, I'm in love with you."

laralaurent might be onto something, the songs from Lifted would probably make better lullabies. Some suggestions:

Lover I Don't Have To Love

Nothing Gets Crossed Out

From A Balance Beam

Stuff from Fevers that would still be cool:

The Movement of a Hand

Haligh, Haligh, a Lie, Haligh

I just posted the full Brand New album over at http://sparrowsleeps.bandcamp.com. Big ups to HeffersonGowell for hooking up some sweet cover-art. 

The Jimmy Eat World album will be the next one to hit the internet in it's entirety. 

I am going to finish the other albums that I've posted snippets from (Alk3, TBS, and Saves the Day) before posting any other album ideas, but I have received enough requests to probably move forward with The Ataris, Bright Eyes, and The Get Up Kids in early 2014. I was probably going to do the Ataris and TGUK lullabies anyway, but Bright Eyes is a solid request from you board members. 

Tell all your friends to follow on Twitter (@SparrowSleeps) and Facebook.

• 3 weeks later...

So Say Anything, Jonah Matranga, and MXPX lullabies are now in the works. 

This has snowballed into a children's book where your favorite bands teach your kids the importance of things like eating a balanced diet, personal hygiene, looking both ways before crossing the street, not to over-indulge, etc. 

In the early stages, but a couple of artists have already signed on to be a part of it, and I think some of the dad-folk on the boards will get a kick out of it. I'll post some of the illustrations as the come along.

• 3 weeks later...

So Say Anything, Jonah Matranga, and MXPX lullabies are now in the works. 

This has snowballed into a children's book where your favorite bands teach your kids the importance of things like eating a balanced diet, personal hygiene, looking both ways before crossing the street, not to over-indulge, etc. 

In the early stages, but a couple of artists have already signed on to be a part of it, and I think some of the dad-folk on the boards will get a kick out of it. I'll post some of the illustrations as the come along.

Pumped about Jonah Matranga! And everything else, I'm not even a dad.

shhhhh-abutie

My wife and I literally spent yesterday morning mapping out the Coheed lullaby album and coming up with ideas. This will be the first, and probably only, Sparrow Sleeps record that will something other than bells on it.

We're kicking it off with The Ring In Return (the standard Coheed theme), but instead of a phone ringing, it will be a baby crying, and the footsteps down the hall.

Sounds tacky, but I think Coheed fans will dig it.