Lullaby Versions of Songs You Like

You've gone viral. I had three separate people send me these tonight.

Dude, the Sparrow Sleeps page has had 10,000+ plays in the last 24 hours. POZ, AP.net, PupFresh, some random Philly radio station... They're all spreading the good word. 

This is overwhelming, and kind of cool.

I put up a few more Brand New lullabies. 

- Archers

- Sowing Season

http://sparrowsleeps.bandcamp.com/album/your-favorite-lullabies-lullaby-renditions-of-brand-new-songs

I might put up Moshi Moshi by the end of the day.

Thanks to all that have shared the tunes with their parent-friends. 

And follow on Twitter @SparrowSleeps for updates on the Brand New album as well as other upcoming lullabies.

I have to say that when I put on Sowing Season I was closely paying attention to it and I really liked it especially when the song really kicks in, but when I let it fade into the background I realized I became a little more relaxed.  So these work! haha

Do some older Bright Eyes, Fevers And Mirrors era. I'll have another kid just so he/she can listen to those.

I'll do anything for you, Shitty. 

I am working on Jimmy Eat World songs at the moment, but can easily throw a Bright Eyes EP into my queue in mid-November.

Throw me two songs you really want lullaby-ified.

I'll do anything for you, Shitty. 

I am working on Jimmy Eat World songs at the moment, but can easily throw a Bright Eyes EP into my queue in mid-November.

Throw me two songs you really want lullaby-ified.

Oh man, if somehow Bowl of Oranges becomes one of those songs that would be too great.

So I had my girlfriend listen to a couple of the Brand New one's last night and she thought it was the coolest thing ever.  She literally said "I want to have a baby just so I can have it listen to this."

She also was like "imagine how cool that would be!  You have your baby listen to this all the time and then when they grow up and randomly hear the ACTUAL song somewhere they'll be like 'wait... I haven't heard this before, but I somehow HAVE heard this before!'"

So I had my girlfriend listen to a couple of the Brand New one's last night and she thought it was the coolest thing ever.  She literally said "I want to have a baby just so I can have it listen to this."

She also was like "imagine how cool that would be!  You have your baby listen to this all the time and then when they grow up and randomly hear the ACTUAL song somewhere they'll be like 'wait... I haven't heard this before, but I somehow HAVE heard this before!'"

That's what I was going for. In second grade, we had journal time every day for 30 minutes, and the teach played Pachelbel's Canon in D every day. That song stuck with me, and I scarcely remember anything about second grade. 

It's win-win. Rocking Sparrow to sleep is extra fun because I'm listening to tunes that I like, and Sparrow enjoys it.