Please delete

bobpaul

I understood your message just fine.  I however don't buy records based on what ever future value they may or may not have.  But if you want to use possible future value price guides I have some Beanie Babies to sell you and you will be able to retire in a mansion.

quit wasting your time insulting a vinyl amateur like me, get back to blogging!  you don't want to disappoint your reader.  

HA! I hope this was an insult joke...but hard to tell considering previous posts...

Also thanks for checking out my site, I posted the new The XX record today in your honor.

Saddly it doesn't count views from any of my computers/devices.  keep trying though.  Each attempt at an insult bumps your sales thread again....at this rate it will sell in no time.

Sadly, I don't believe you. ;)

Let's just let bygones be bygones, and next time we talk, it will be when the internet sells the next hand screen pressed Fiction.  It would be a great update to your blog a good story that would almost definitely break your no comment streak. 

Happy spinning,

Bobby 

Go to eBay to sell this. If your nostradamus visions on this record do come true and soooome day this goes for $300, then you will not get that money here most likely. Its cool to say something like "I thought I'd offer it here first for people interested", but thats negated when you try to predict market prices and charge someone for something that hasn't even neared that price. Sold for $120 on discogs? Awesome! Sell it for 115 and feel good about not being one of the people that have ruined the modern collector's market. If anything, that will help lower the average on Discogs. But nah, vinyl is way cooler when you assblast someone into believing a 7" with two songs will be worth almost 3 times the highest documented going rate.

Also, ultra awesome that your friend sold one for $650, which must have had one helliuva of an ignorant buyer, and means nothing to us when we have no way of knowing this. Have your friend sell it for you, give him a 10% commission, and you walk away with almost $600 still. Then you can come back and show us pictures of you spending money on your acne medication or whatever. The hype on this band will die at some point. Its cool that Pitchfork really liked their first album. And its cool that their second album is doing ok, nowhere near the sales of their first album; this is what we call 'hype'. It wore off, and eventually people will look back on this band and say "why would someone pay $300 for 2 songs that can be found elsewhere for $5 from a band that sounds like they should have been around 30 years ago.

I know you'll post a rebuttal, but I don't give a crap. I'm sick of these threads with overpriced shit being defended by some seller who can't swallow his pride and move on. You think its gonna be worth so much "some day"? then you keep it and retire on it. Trying to determine vinyl trends on a 7" won't get you far and, again, you are just another one of the chumps who make collecting rare records an very expensive endeavor anymore. Hats off to you sir and good luck finding some sap to buy this for $300 from you.

Go to eBay to sell this. If your nostradamus visions on this record do come true and soooome day this goes for $300, then you will not get that money here most likely. Its cool to say something like "I thought I'd offer it here first for people interested", but thats negated when you try to predict market prices and charge someone for something that hasn't even neared that price. Sold for $120 on discogs? Awesome! Sell it for 115 and feel good about not being one of the people that have ruined the modern collector's market. If anything, that will help lower the average on Discogs. But nah, vinyl is way cooler when you assblast someone into believing a 7" with two songs will be worth almost 3 times the highest documented going rate.

Also, ultra awesome that your friend sold one for $650, which must have had one helliuva of an ignorant buyer, and means nothing to us when we have no way of knowing this. Have your friend sell it for you, give him a 10% commission, and you walk away with almost $600 still. Then you can come back and show us pictures of you spending money on your acne medication or whatever. The hype on this band will die at some point. Its cool that Pitchfork really liked their first album. And its cool that their second album is doing ok, nowhere near the sales of their first album; this is what we call 'hype'. It wore off, and eventually people will look back on this band and say "why would someone pay $300 for 2 songs that can be found elsewhere for $5 from a band that sounds like they should have been around 30 years ago.

I know you'll post a rebuttal, but I don't give a crap. I'm sick of these threads with overpriced shit being defended by some seller who can't swallow his pride and move on. You think its gonna be worth so much "some day"? then you keep it and retire on it. Trying to determine vinyl trends on a 7" won't get you far and, again, you are just another one of the chumps who make collecting rare records an very expensive endeavor anymore. Hats off to you sir and good luck finding some sap to buy this for $300 from you.

success.gif

I know you'll post a rebuttal, but I don't give a crap.  I'm sick of these threads with under priced shit being defended by some buyer who can't swallow his pride and move on.  You think it's going to be so affordable forever? then you keep searching and find it no problem.  Trying to determine vinyl trends on a 7" wont' get you far, either, again, you are just another one of those chumps who makes selling rare records a very annoying endeavor anymore.  Hats off to YOU sir and good luck finding this 1 of 50 copy again, let alone for 300 dollars.  

Next time you sell your house or car, make sure to give someone a really good deal on it.  You don't want to be one of those d-bags trying to get good value out of your assets.  You can whine about the law of supply and demand all you want,  but if you are getting this worked up about me wanting 300 dollars for a rare vinyl, and people who only want to spend 50 are not getting their chance to own it, you really need to get off your computer and go outside.  Jesus Christ.  

For the record (no pun intended), I'm not getting back on this thread again.  I couldn't care any less that a lot of you think this is overpriced.  If anyone who is serious about buying this vinyl (aka 300 range), you can send me a message.  If you don't want to spend much money on it, I don't blame you.  That means you don't want it as much as some others in the world may want it.  And when there are 50 copies, those other 50 people deserve to own it more. It's that simple.  I just spent 200 on the Shelter/Nighttime 12 inch, and instead of knocking the seller for wanting to get money for his rare vinyl, I decided it was worth it.  If I didn't want to spend a ridiculous amount, I would have "swallowed my pride and moved on."